Recent content by voip-ninja

1. V

No config/post menu from Perc H730 HBA on Supermicro Motherboard

Fair point. I'm actually not 100% what the resolution was. I had both DVI and VGA cables connected between the X11 motherboard onboard video and my lab monitor. I wasn't really paying attention to which output was working, but I believe that due to me using an HDMI loopback plug also on the...
  2. V

I think I figured the problem out. Thanks for the suggestions.
  3. V

I'm in the process of trying to swap the RAID controller on my X11-SCA-F based home server from an older LSI card to a Dell PERC H730 that I just received. This is being done ahead of an ESXi 6.7->7.0 upgrade I'm going to need to do for some new stuff I am going to be testing out. The system...
  4. V

Enabling Intel GPU on Supermicro X11-SCA-F ?

Okay I have an update on this that might help the next person who stumbles on this thread in a Google search. Simply connecting a display to the HDMI port on the motherboard didn't accomplish anything. The default configuration of the motherboard in fact has the onboard graphics disabled and I...
  5. V

Great! I'll update the thread with my findings.
  6. V

I don't have anything plugged in and was actually just starting to think about this. Does this mean I will always have to leave a monitor plugged in and powered up whenever the motherboard boots for the iGPU to come online or once it learns the hardware is there it will remember it? I will try...
  7. V

Okay, it looks like it "should" work based on Supermicro's own description of the motherboard - " 1 HDMI port, 1 DVI - D port, 1 DP (DisplayPort) port, 1 VGA port, Intel UHD P630 graphic(For CPU Xeon E-21XXG series only)" But I can't find an information on making this GPU available to the...
  8. V

I recently built a new machine for ESXi that is based on an Intel E-2278G (P630 graphics) and X11SCAF Supermicro motherboard. ESXi does not see the Intel GPU. Is there a setting in the Supermicro motherboard to make this function? Does the motherboard not support an iGPU (would seem a weird...
  9. V

ESXi 6.7u3 home build went boom - need help troubleshooting

Thanks, I had not thought of that, just assumed that the VGA port on the mobo would be using the integrated video.
  10. V

Yes there are a lot of things shared between PCIE slots and for example the M.2 slots. I bought 2 of the Intel cards since they were on the Synology compatibility list and got copper DAC cable for them since it's inexpensive (total cost for everything $200). I want to keep power consumption on...
  11. V

I've made a bit of headway on this last night as I couldn't sleep and was working on it. I moved the server into its permanent rack location, booted it up and (knocks on wood) it mounted the internal SSD RAID set no issue. I'm now a bit suspicious that something with the way it was restarted...
  12. V

Hi Rand thanks for replying. I wasn't even aware that iSCSI could be set to mount at the BIOS level, I have it configured to mount in ESXi. The board is new and was already on the latest BIOS that Supermicro came out with in August. I updated IPMI to try to resolve a couple of nuisance issues...
  13. V

Hey everyone. I started putting together new ESXi 6.7 update 3 based home server platform last weekend and have slowly been turning things up. Intel E2278G CPU Supermicro X11-SCA-F motherboard 32GB ECC RAM LSI 9211-8i HBA in IR 2 x 1TB Samsung EVO 860 SSD as boot disk volume (Hardware RAID 1)...
  14. V

Need help finishing out my E2278-G & Supermicro build

Yes, my error I meant to have quoted @ARNiTECT who does have the same Motherboard and is also running ESXi 6.7.
  15. V

Need help finishing out my E2278-G & Supermicro build

Okay, so I rebooted the ESXi host after messing around with the cabling on the NIC and now it shows available for teaming. *facepalm*.