Recent content by VirtualHome

1. V

EMC KTN-STL3 15 bay chassis

Is the KTN-STL3 sorta the best bang/buck in the ~15 slot 3.5" chassis ? Is there any particular vendor that is decent to pick one up? eBay prices seem to be around $250+ +shipping now. Reading this thread, they appeared to be quite a bit cheaper at one time.
  2. V

WTB: Tall PCI-E bracket for LSI 4e4i SAS adapter

I bought an LSI 9211 4e4i adapter off of Ebay, but I didn't pay much attention and I bought one with a low profile PCI-E bracket. I need a tall bracket. Anyone have an extra tall bracket lying around?
  3. V

SAS configuration util won't come up after flashing to IT mode

New to me R720XD with Dell 710P B0 mini. Flashed it to IT mode with BIOS and EFI boot firmware. The system POSTs...The SAS controller displays it's press CTRL-C to start SAS util...I press CTRL-C, it acks by displaying the SAS util will start after initialization completes. POST continues...
  4. V

Thats kinda what I figured, just wanted to make sure, thank you! Just tried to order one from Garland Computer. They refused to guarantee specific part numbers. Is there anyplace people have had good luck ordering these from?
  5. V

If I'm using SATA drives inside the chassis, am I still limited to a 1M cable between the controller and the chassis or can I go longer? What part number of SAS controller is ideal to get for the EMC chassis?
  6. V

Flash a Dell H310 with Dell HBA or LSI firmware?

Well, it looks like I did get it to work. I went back to the Rufus created FreeDOS image and just skipped the megacli step to record the SAS ID number. The commands to wipe the flash succeeded, rebooted, then the commands to reflash completed successfully as well. I just made up my own...
  7. V

That's the link I was already using. I have already tried 3 motherboards. Two gave the same response as above and a third simply wouldn't POST with the card installed. One thing I am confused about is the creation of the FreeDOS boot USB stick. I used Rufus to create the first one, then...
  8. V

I have an H310 I'm having 0 luck flashing... If I run the megacli -AdpAllInfo -aAll -page 20 command, it just hangs forever. If I move on to the megarec command, I'm getting a DOS/32A exception error. The sas2flsh.exe command claims there isn't an LSI card available. The H310 BIOS is seen...