SAS configuration util won't come up after flashing to IT mode

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

VirtualHome

Dec 10, 2017
New to me R720XD with Dell 710P B0 mini. Flashed it to IT mode with BIOS and EFI boot firmware.

The system POSTs...The SAS controller displays it's press CTRL-C to start SAS util...I press CTRL-C, it acks by displaying the SAS util will start after initialization completes.

POST continues on...Then it says the SAS util is starting, sits there for a few seconds, then the POST starts all over again....

I've tried several times, with the same result.

Any idea what's going on?

I'm trying to change the drive it boots from. For now I've just moved the drive into that slot, but I've got a Flex Bay installed and I'd like to move the boot drive back there.

Is there anyway to make these changes from a Linux shell?

nabsltd

Jan 26, 2022
Although not the same card at all, I ran into similar strangeness with an IBM M5210 if I set its slot to load "Legacy" BIOS. POST would show the startup of the card (finding devices, etc.), but you could not enter the config. In addition, the config was not inside the EFI BIOS setup.

If I set the slot to load as "UEFI", then there was no feedback as the card loaded up, but the config was available inside the EFI BIOS setup.