Recent content by upgrayedd

1. U

QSFP+ to QSFP+ link/connection (4x10G vs 40Gfull)

connectx-4 arrived on the slow boat. it advertises 40GBASE-LR4 link mode as research suggested it would. also even though the HW is more like the dual port 40G parts (CX454A) including x8 pci-e phy, it shows 100gbit link modes: Supported link modes: 1000baseKX/Full...
  2. U

what are your card models, fw versions and module models? i.e. are you using a cx-3 non-pro and either an arista UNIV or LR4 type optic?
  3. U

ARISE THREAD! these cx-3 vpi cards (649281-B21 HP fw or crossflash) do not appear to support 40gbase-lr4. don't know the underlying cause yet (module power?). i cannot see that the .ini files in the firmware have an option to enable or disable that link mode as with the 56gbit modes. i have...
  4. U

Warnings about $3 Monoprice QSFP -> 4x SFP+ and QSFP cable

@Joshh i gave in and got a much smaller number of fiberstore (fs.com) ones labeled arista compatible. they were ~$70 apiece. btw i am able to use a thin piece of metal to unlatch them. specifically it's one of the little rekeying tools for quikset locks. so i did some more testing but no dice.
  5. U

Warnings about $3 Monoprice QSFP -> 4x SFP+ and QSFP cable

by way of warning neither of these QSFP and QSFP breakout cables from monoprice work on my arista 7050QX or nebula edge-core / accton 5600-52x. they are mega cheap on walmart and jet ($4 apiece!). in fairness they are marked for cisco compatibility and not my trident-based switches. but i...
  6. U

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

i read a forum post elsewhere that someone was having trouble tricking the switch into enabling unsupported transceivers by editing XcvrAgent in a newer version of the firmware. happily, with EOS-4.14.6M i had no such trouble and this switch is ready to party down with some cheap cables. Jul...
  7. U

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

from a 7050QX-32 (non-S), doesn't seem to have an atom c2XXX: $ cat /proc/cpuinfo processor : 0 vendor_id : AuthenticAMD cpu family : 16 model : 6 model name : AMD Turion(tm) II Neo N41H Dual-Core Processor stepping : 3 cpu MHz : 1499.703 cache...
  8. U

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

I'm trying to score one of these on the cheap- eBay seems flush right now. Has anyone noticed any crash problems? My current 10g+40g switch from 'edge core' reboots about every two weeks
  9. U

C1100/CS24-TY afudos

for the record, i made some mistake in testing 1 of the 2 outdated systems. for some reason i went to try again and it worked to both back up the bios and load the new one with the AFUDOS that comes with the B23 bios from dell (a modified 4.27 I think). it went from 3A14 to 3B23 without issue...
  10. U

C1100/CS24-TY afudos

I have some CS24-TYs with old bioses that I'm trying to update. One is only a few revisions old, two are very outdated and don't have microcode to handle xeon 56xx cpus. I've read several posts suggesting they were able to update their boards having the same bios as mine successfully with...