Recent content by ullbeking

1. U

1U Supermicro Server 6x 10GBE RJ45 X10SLH-LN6TF LGA 1150 H3 X10SLH-N6-ST031

I am in the UK (London) and would be very happy to consider purchasing this if the time is right, etc.
  2. U

1U Supermicro Server 6x 10GBE RJ45 X10SLH-LN6TF LGA 1150 H3 X10SLH-N6-ST031

Can you actually get one of these servers stay near-silent when run at home (not pushing it too hard)?
  3. U

Project TinyMiniMicro: Reviving Small Corporate Desktops

Another thing you want to check is that your CPU supports AES-NI.
  4. U

Looking to build a small-ish pfSense-box

Excellent choice. It will fit inside a small chassis too. And finally you have 4x Ethernet ports, which is super useful for a firewall+switch.
  5. U

Looking to build a small-ish pfSense-box

I agree. This is a great chassis. Post Feb. 2018 C2000 boards are great for this application, and super quiet. If X11 then I would go for the X11SSH-TF (with 2x 10 GbE NIC's) or the X11SSH-* with 4x 1 GbE NIC's (assuming that more NIC's is useful for the switch functionality of this server...
  6. U

UK TAKEN [FTAG: 42U Rack Cabinet, flat packed for collection [London, UK]]

I have to vacate this office in two weeks, and I'm currently trying to update my inventory and make it all nice and helpful with photos and ideas for what some of the servers should be used for.
  7. U

UK 4x Supermicro X9 Twin-node 2U servers. Seeking help on pricing for sale as lot-of-4.

I was planning to use ConnnectX-3. If you search my name on these forums you will find a lot of information about this.
  8. U

UK 4x Supermicro X9 Twin-node 2U servers. Seeking help on pricing for sale as lot-of-4.

Yes, absolutely. In fact, I was planning on doing this with ConnectX-3 dual 1 GbE (or 10 GbE) Ethernet and 40 Gb/s Infiniband HCA cards. The way I had planned my cluster was the Ethernet would be used for connect all machines to each other and the WAN via the main switch, and the 40 Gbps IB...
  9. U

Thank you @ecosse for the feedback! I'll get cracking sorting through my photos and putting ads up.
  10. U

FYI, the U-NAS 800, 810, 810A, etc, series of NAS chassis are coming back into stock.

I've discussed these chassis recently on this forum. I just wanted to let those interested know that I received a message from U-NAS saying that the 800, etc, models are coming back into stock (and some are in stock already).
  11. U

Remote server management for HP Z2 series workstations

This is a great thread and I'm now convinced that if I were to buy an HP Z workstation, I'd get a refurbished Z400-series, as these seem to be compatible and mostly (?) use standard parts. Thank you all.
  12. U

Hello! I have a 4x LOT (I want to sell all at once) of Supermicro SuperServer 6027TR-DTRF 2U twin-node CTO servers. They have no CPU, storage, or RAM, but they do have heatsinks. They have been professionally refurbished, and I bought them for about 420 GBP (600 USD) each in 2018. I am...
  13. U

US - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

A 42U rack cab for collection in London, UK, FREE to a good home, here: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/ftag-42u-rack-cabinet-flat-packed-for-collection-london-uk.32668/#post-301376
  14. U

UK TAKEN [FTAG: 42U Rack Cabinet, flat packed for collection [London, UK]]

Thanks for the tip @Samir :D Thank you, me too!! I can barely move in there, and I've got some more interesting stuff that I'm looking forward to adding to my inventory and putting it up here.