Recent content by tusk9541

1. T

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

I got the M1 mini N200 version a lot earlier than expected, will be testing CPU temps on Win 11 and try to mod it with a fanless heatsink, so far it seems like it could work out pretty good. Got here so quick from China that I gotta wait a couple days for the SSD to come from Amazon that I...
  2. T

I got one of those little "M1" boxes from a brand called mrroute, on Amazon but it appears it's shipped from China anyway. They're also available on aliexpress from different stores including Topton and Kingovy but all of them are more expensive. I've searched in the thread but aside from...
  3. T

Mokerlink 10G080GS 8-port SFP+ unmanaged switch, anyone seen/have this?

I suppose there's several variables that could be affecting my results, probably the Synology which has older hardware. I don't have another powerful computer to test.
  4. T

I did some quick tests with iperf3 between my Synology 1618+ and my Win 11 PC (AMD X570 platform with Ryzen 9 5900x), both with Intel X520-DA1 cards, and from the PC. Without jumbo frames it was fluctuating between 6 - 9.40 Gbits/s for uploads, downloads were a bit faster, and with jumbo frames...
  5. T

Those are different switches though, they're 2.5G x 8 + 10G SFP+. Mokerlink sells 4 different versions of the 8 x SFP+ (linked in the OP), only one of them has been tested in this thread, the unmanaged one with DIP switch (10G0800GS) which I got, and the Horaco one which appears to be the same...
  6. T

Yeah, RouterOS is working fine, but I was curious about SwOS and spent too many hours trying to get to the bottom of it, and had to factory reset the thing several times. The first and only thing I changed on RouterOS was to reboot to SwOS and there are 3 options to set the IP: DHCP with...
  7. T

Yes, I was gonna post something similar after some testing. They may be the same switch. Enabling jumbo packets on my Synology DS1618+ breaks the connection. Also got the Mikrotik CRS309, and like @SlowmoDK said, the idle power is not much more, about maybe 5-6 W vs 4-5W, and less than 8 W with...
  8. T

I didn't find the Hasivo version but I found a virtually identical Horaco one for substantially cheaper: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806038981360.html There's a Hasivo that appears to be their version of the 10G080GS for a bit more, and a managed one as well.
  9. T

It appears from some Amazon comments that the 10G080GS (one zero) had some trouble with some types of connections, and the 10G0800GS seems newer, with a dip switch to select some modes manually. I will get that one on Monday. Thanks for the info. Are you running RouterOS or SwitchOS? I already...
  10. T

Seems it was available on Amazon since Oct 2023, and it's always hovered around $150-160. I don't see any hands-on articles/videos from googling though, much less reviews. I'm trying to decide between this or the Mikrotik CRS309, but I don't need the managed capabilities, I'm just going to...
  11. T

What do you think will actually show up?

It's a white label product. I bought an almost identical one but unmanaged and it was available from different noname "brands" but AFAICT they're all the same one.
  12. T

So the case doesn't have the heatpipes like shown in the pic of the listing, probably only reserved for the more powerful/expensive CPUs, but more concerning, the 4 mounting holes around the CPU have gone unused, so there may be still no proper mounting pressure.
  13. T

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

So I bought a cheap Cqenpr 2.5G 8-port switch with POE ($160 at the time) which externally is identical to a couple others that go for $185. It is also virtually identical to the Hasivo reviewed previously here. I was surprised that the one I got supports 90W on port 1 (after looking at the...
  14. T

I think there's still some efficiency to be gained in other areas that aren't the CPU. Maybe LPDDR5 can help shave a few more watts, and soldered storage as well, at the cost of upgradeability which I'm sure at least some of us would take.
  15. T

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

It'd be interesting to see if boxes with the N100 come out with LPDDR5 as well, would be a better solution for what many here are using these for.