Recent content by TrevorX

1. T

Cheapest GPU for DDA in Hyper-V

Thanks Deslok, most appreciated. PCIe power for GPU isn't an issue - the PSU has cabling for two 8 pin PCIe inputs and has about 400W of spare capacity to play with, but there's no need to go for something terribly powerful - I want to get something entry-level into our lab server so we can...
  2. T

Cheapest GPU for DDA in Hyper-V

I'm trying to figure out what the best options are for Discrete Device Assignment (DDA) of GPUs in Hyper-V Server for light workloads. For virtualised office server workloads GPU acceleration is completely unnecessary, but for VDI more and more client computing applications expect a bare minimum...
  3. T

Consumer Radeon Cards with Windows Server No More?

3½ years ago I plugged a Radeon RX480 into a Hyper-V Server 2016 host, installed it using the standard driver package, and passed the card to a VM using DDA. It was all seamless and I could benchmark the card within the VM at pretty much baremetal performance - happy days. But that was just to...
  4. T

SR-IOV i350T4 on Hyper-V to pfSense/FreeBSD VM?

Yes, I know pfSense is meant to run fine on abstracted virtual switches. But I have hardware that will expose SR-IOV to the VM, so I'd prefer to use that, if at all possible. I can provide SR-IOV to a Windows VM fine and can even find details for setting it up for Linux, but am getting nowhere...
  5. T

Who is the fraud, Unifi or Citron research?

You're clearly not in the IT space if you don't know who Ingram Micro is. Believe me, Ubiquiti sales wouldn't be worth 0.1% of their turnover. While I'm sure their Ubuqiti sales team and account managers represent the UBNT product fairly and are keen to sell them, their sales managers and large...
  6. T

Fujitsu i350T4 NIC Compatibility?

I can confirm that not only does it work fine, there is absolutely nothing to distinguish the Fujitsu i350-T4 from the genuine Intel i350-T4. It has the same specs and features, but importantly exactly the same physical appearance, layout, components, even branding. There is zero Fujitsu...
  7. T

Thanks Evan. Yeah I bit the bullet and ordered it today, I should have it next week. I'll post an update to confirm it's working once I've got it running. The only reason I didn't go with a Dell, Lenovo etc part is my distributors aren't showing stock of any of them :rolleyes:
  8. T

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply RTM. Yes, my expectation is that it should work, but when everyone you talk to is being deliberately obtuse about it and refusing to confirm it, it just makes me nervous. I suppose I shouldn't be so surprised, this is normal behaviour in enterprise...
  9. T

Who is the fraud, Unifi or Citron research?

I've been using and selling Ubiquiti hardware for four or five years. I've seen the distribution in my region go from a few guys buying Ubiquiti hardware by the container to a proper authorised distribution channel with a major importer, resellers and retail stockists. There are at least tens of...
  10. T

No one? Does anyone have any experience with OEM i350 cards in different brand systems? I believe Dell, Lenovo, HP, Toshiba all have their own i350 flavours; are there compatibility limitations with those? I've spoken to the supplier about it, their response is that there 'should' be no...
  11. T

Intel X540-T2 Fake/Chinese/Counterfeit

Why is it that Amazon don't have restrictions on vendors selling cards as 'genuine' when they're not? I was just looking at Intel i350 cards and there's a massive difference in price between genuine authorised distribution channel cards (which I know are definitely Intel cards) and Amazon cards...
  12. T

Hello, I have what seems like a fairly stupid question, even to me, but better to ask a stupid question than make a stupid mistake. I'm looking for an Intel i350T4 NIC for my Hyper-V server. A genuine Intel i350T4V2 is fairly stupid money (even wholesale) but OEM cards are significantly...
  13. T

NVMe on Intel S2600CP

Sorry I never came back to update this. Long story short that board was unrecoverable, I had to replace it. I took it home and spent several months playing with it on and off, absolutely nothing worked. Thanks for that very useful information zackiv31. Can I please ask where you sourced your V2...
  14. T

NVMe on Intel S2600CP

Thanks J. Yes, that is not consistent to what I'm seeing - it really isn't doing anything. Intel are as stumped as I am :-/ Thanks for your help, anyway :)
  15. T

NVMe on Intel S2600CP

Can you please confirm if you have seen precisely this same error and behaviour? Or if yours was just something similar, but not quite exactly the same? I'm at the point where absolutely nothing changes, and Intel have no suggestions for me either, so I'm going to have to replace the board. I'd...