Recent content by thetoad

1. T

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

I could never activate my 5470 via installation media, but it seemed that iot installed fine via the dell insallation (though that install filter driver that prevents you from actually writing to the emmc, so basically one has to go through ugly steps to remove the thin client veneer from the...
  2. T

my big money bet: you have enabled (or they came enabled by default) the video improvement settings in the video control panel. disable all of them and you'll see performance work great.
  3. T

Nice equipment cart; 2-shelf; 24"x32" $53 (excellent price)

the X Effect(tm) are all derivative works of the slashdot effect
  4. T

[US-MD/DC] WTS Radeon E9173 $50

I just bought refurbished 5070 Extended with an AMD Embedded Radeon E9173 2GB GDDR5. I don't need the gpu part of it, so willing to sell it for $50 cash if picked up from my parents (as I ordered it to them to bring to me overseas) in Maryland (right outside of beltway in montgomery country)...
  5. T

where to download fio-util (fusion io)

Wondering if anyone has pointers on where to download fio-util (preferably a debian package for ubuntu, but anything would work) for a fusion io card I was gifted. thanks.
  6. T

and now back to just solid amber. <sigh>
  7. T

so, my "broken" (or unknown state) 5070 I just plugged in again after a while of not using it (with no ssd and memory installed) and suprisingly it didn't stay amber, but went quickly to a white and then an amber blinking (3 then 2 blinks in repetition). I stuck the 4GB sodimm in and it stayed...
  8. T

thanks for the response, but nothing has helped. so I think I tried all that (I think before, but again right now). nothing is hooked up to machine except power, cpu and ram and jumper in cmos. no light. press button 5-10 times unplug, reset jumper to middle. amber light comes on...
  9. T

so there was no m.2 sata drive installed originally, I did insert one as a test and then removed it (currently removed) (IIRC it had storage even without any m.2 installed, as opposed to my 5470 whose only storage is via m.2 port)
  10. T

so I tried reoving the cmos battery for an extended period of time. didnt help. power light stays solid amber, cpu gets hot, ethernet blinks, but get no power to usb (i.e. usb keys dont light up / keyboard get any led lit). wondering if/how i killed it.
  11. T

can someone also confirm what the default jumper 1 position is? (i.e. there are 3 possibilities, cmos clr, power clr, service mode I believe, for some reason when I looked at it it was on power clr which I think is default, but can't confirm).
  12. T

Getting back to my 5070. Something weird has happened (maybe I did something to kill it or did something weird with the jumper). I put it aside until I was able to get a sata stick, which i finally got. When I went to boot it today (plug it in). it seems to get power (power led is lit amber...
  13. T

so what I think I'll end up doing with the AIO 5470 is it will be my console sitting on top of my half rack. for $100 or so all in (added a samsung nvme), can't complain. Might end up doing dual duty as my plex server (was planning on using the 5070 for that, now have to figure out what I'll...
  14. T

from what I read, windows iot is just windows 10 enterprise ltsc (i tried non ltsc, but I'd think they would be liecensed the same). I can try the ltsc. tried from here Windows 10 Enterprise | Microsoft Evaluation Center the links to IOT itself are for arm versions.