Recent content by TedB

1. T

SRX300 Firmware

What's the current recommended image for SRX300? While using JUNOS 19.4R3-S1.3 built 2020-12-02 it seems to me that it slows down considerably after few days of simple usage: nat, two virtual routers and one ipsec vpn. Bandwidth and packet utilisation very minimal.
  2. T

EU EMC VNX KTN-STL3 / 2x Controller 2x PSU 15x 3.5"

How are you going to use that? Just curious and would like to learn something new :)
  3. T

EU EMC VNX KTN-STL3 / 2x Controller 2x PSU 15x 3.5"

How are you going to use it?
  4. T

EXPIRED Supermicro 1U w/ E5-2690v4, 128GB, Rails

@semidetached great server! This Mellanox card is not only 40GE but also IB 56Gbps. I would get few unfortunately I'm in EU and seller is not accepting contact messages to find out if he is able to ship and what's the cost of shipping :(
  5. T

Thank you. @semidetached can you also check what model of Mellanox card was in it?
  6. T

What motherboard is in it?
  7. T

storage gold rush?

I believe @funkywizard claims that based on large sample at Backblaze single bad sector gives statistically high chance of the drive failing. Therefore it's irrelevant from statistical point of view what's the cause of the bad sector. @msg7086 Many years ago I had similar scientific and...
  8. T

storage gold rush?

I think that what @funkywizard is trying to say is that according to Backblaze once a hdd gets a bad sector statistically it's more likely to fail. Backblaze has a very highly regarded reputation for providing reliable statistics about reliability of hard drives. @funkywizard can you send a...
  9. T

storage gold rush?

One of used server distributors in EU today have said that he wishes for a crypto based on PSUs :D
  10. T

A bunch of Juniper SRX300 firewalls dumped cheap

@747builder thank you! You are credit to the community.
  11. T

EXPIRED Intel Xeon E5-2699V4 2.20GHz Processor SR2JS - $108

@Tcalp any particular technical reason for not deploying any more any of the E5 cpus?
  12. T

EU Xiaomi Mi Smart Compact Projector

@Tcalp for me the main factor is portability of the unit.
  13. T

@BlueFox I'm very pleased with mine however technology evolves and something what was out of reach just short time ago can be mainstream now and within reach of average mortals. This projector is a very good example of this, great picture and functionality for very reasonable price. I have one...
  14. T

@Your name or can you check if you have ability to adjust horizontal picture skew adjustment? In other words can it be placed not directly in front/behind picture which is projected. Mine has only vertical skew adjustment.
  15. T

Mine has USB 2.0, however I have never used it so far. Remote has different finish, although same layout of keys. My model is: M055MGN