Recent content by Taverner

1. T

AU [FS] - 42x 32GB Hynix DDR4-2400 ECC RDIMMs - Lenovo 46W0833

Unfortunately I've got nothing Supermicro here to test with, but the Hynix stuff is on the Supermicro tested list - probably a pretty safe bet.
  2. T

AU [FS] - 42x 32GB Hynix DDR4-2400 ECC RDIMMs - Lenovo 46W0833

All pulled from 3650M5's and tested before removal. $35USD/$52AUD each, or $30USD/$45AUD if you're buying at least 8. Part number HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH. Happy to ship internationally.
  3. T

[WTB] Meraki MS220-8P / MS120-8P

Pretty sure I've got one in a box somewhere.
  4. T

Potential Deal: 2 x Dual 2011 nodes @$199, Quanta Openrack

So the purpose and usage of the external PCIE links is over my head, but I've been looking into what's not attached on the boards. The specification includes 5x MiniSAS headers - 2x Right angle external (presumably 8088 connectors) and 3x vertical 8087 connectors. People have been discussing...
  5. T

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

All still seems pretty cheap to me. I picked up a pair of E5-2650's at $30 each and an OpenCompute board for $60 this week.
  6. T

Sure will. I've got ten of the board to midplane connectors on the way, and I'm designing it around a pair of HP DPS-800GB power supplies, as they offer pretty much everything I want and are easy to adapt. The goal is for the midplane to make the entire thing plug and play - I want to have any...
  7. T

Let me go one better for you - These guys have stock of the Amphenol FCI connector that should be an exact match, and I've been quoted $4/ea WITH STOCK AVAILABLE. Unfortunately it looked like some of the TE Connectivity parts had some minor spacing differences. I'll have a PCB design done in a...
  8. T

It's certainly doable to get them shipped if there's enough in the box and it's a slow service, but I think it's more cost effective to just make a breakout board - I've been able to find some panel mount connectors to suit the motherboards - I've still got to go through the measurements and...
  9. T

Is there any interest in some custom PCBs to power these from a readily available supply, in a more useful form factor? I'm probably going to get a couple done, as postage on full assemblies is not practical for Australia.
  10. T

Is anyone aware of a seller with postage options to Australia? I'd love to get 3-4 pairs with tray and PSU.