Recent content by SubnetMask

1. S

Change PERH H700 Adapter to H700 Integrated

I don't think it's that unless it somehow reverted the firmware to the 'Adapter' version... I can go back and try again, but I had specifically downloaded the 'SAS-RAID_Firmware_9FVJ2_WN64_12.10.7-0001_A13' firmware and extracted the FW4651I.rom file, which I placed on the FreeDOS boot media...
  2. S

No one has any thoughts? @BLinux?
  3. S

I have a PERC H700 Adapter that I want to change to an Integrated card so that it can live in the storage slot of an R710. I first went through the steps posted here (I read the SBR and SPD out of a true Integrated card), and when that didn't pan out (although it may have worked exactly the same...
  4. S

Issues 'silencing' Supermicro JBOD

So it seems like my only real solution to this problem will be to get the SuperMicro CB3 power boards, which give more control over the fans. SuperMicro was of no help - the agent I was communicating with suggested that the reason the stock fans spun down was because they draw too much power...
  5. S

That's a neat little board... too bad they don't seem to have one with three or more outputs... Not sure how it would work driving three fans off of the one output. I'd be somewhat surprised if it worked right. I wonder if someone else makes one with more outputs. I'll have to look around...
  6. S

I wouldn't think so. There's an i2c port on it that I believe is intended to connect it to the backplane, but there's pretty much no intelligence to it. The CSE-PTJBOD-CB3 might be my only possible option here.
  7. S

I've read a bunch of posts about making supermicro enclosures quieter, and rather than necroposting, figured I'd start a new thread. I have several CSE-826 enclosures that are all set up as JBODs with JBPWR2 control boards and BPN-SAS2-826EL2 backplanes, with the fans connected to the...