Recent content by StormX

1. S

Help identify switch

Thank you for info! I have got it for 100 bucks :)
  2. S

Help identify switch

This is the missing BMC board. I do not believe it is proprietary.
  3. S

Help identify switch

There is a flash chip for "dual boot" (according to the datasheet) on BMC board. I suppose it stores bootloader.
  4. S

Help identify switch

This switch runs onie + netvisor one OS by default. So it has built in onie. I think it is stored on the BMC board i am trying to identify
  5. S

Help identify switch

I have seen an image for Seastone2 on official website. See 40: https://github.com/sonic-net/SONiC/blob/sonic_image_md_update/supported_devices_platforms.md
  6. S

Help identify switch

Do you mean R1156-B0004-02?
  7. S

Help identify switch

Thank you! This is the information i was looking for. So, now I need to identify and get this missing bmc board, does it have any id, labels or references?
  8. S

Help identify switch

You are both awesome! Thanks a lot! ) I found out that this switch uses ONIE + Netvisor ONE operating system developed by Pluribus (now Arista). Since it is an Ericsson-branded Selestica I am sure it is a bare metal switch which can run ONIE + SONIC. As i mentioned before, the switch came...
  9. S

Help identify switch

I have got a switch with no id labels & logos. It had no RAM and boot disk. I would like to get some information about this box and try to restore it with ONIE and SONIC I installed 8GB DDR4 2133 SODIMM and was able to get into the BIOS which says the system runs on Xeon D-1557 CPU. There is...
  10. S

Problems with a Dell TL4000 SAS tape library + LTO drives

There is a 4-pin port RS232 port on many late HP drives. Watched on youtube a guy saying they do a lot of job using serial connection
  11. S

Problems with a Dell TL4000 SAS tape library + LTO drives

I have heard that it is possible to program VPD and change drive's personality. I have found a lot of reference manuals for big IBM libraries which have some CE Engr Use Only and OEM Use Only Menus.... but seems it as all not really applicable to the drives used in TS3100/3200
  12. S

Converting a Cisco 6248 FI to a Nexus 5548

Yes. You need a connector, eusb disk and some soldering experience. It is up and running with 7.3.9 fw and n55-m16p module :)
  13. S

Nexus firmware names disk as" bootflash:", where Ucs firmware - "workspace:"
  14. S

I expect to get the connector in a few days. Will solder it and test again
  15. S

You can remove ssd from switch and hook it up to any desktop with linuх, copy anything. I guess nexus image looks for a disk in another slot which is empty. I have successfully converted 6120 to 5010 but 6120 is factory shipped with eusb disk, not ssd.