Recent content by statmankyle21

1. S

EATX Cases for a Supermicro X9DR3-F/X9DRi-F Motherboard

I will look into the cases above, but who makes the 826 and 846? After looking through some large form-factor cases, it seems Cooler Master is a little more thorough in supporting motherboards. I noticed some SSI-EEB/SSI-CEB PC cases do not have that top standoff that is a little further back...
  2. S

EATX Cases for a Supermicro X9DR3-F/X9DRi-F Motherboard

I recently bought an X9DRi-F for a 2P workstation with x2 Xeon E5 2690V2 and 256GB of RAM However, it is not compatible with a DIYPC Silence BK-Window. I expected to add a few standoff locations, but there is a cable tie-down where the standoff above the X9DRi-F's IO is located, and there is...
  3. S

Memory population for Supermicro X9QRI-F+

I am not too sure what my memory requirements will be for my models. However, the DSMC solver I am using is highly parallelizable, so I think a Quad CPU would work. I was thinking of adding memory in 128/256 GB increments due to 16GB module prices, but I think my supervisor wants to go with a...
  4. S

Memory population for Supermicro X9QRI-F+

I am considering getting a Supermicro X9QRI-F+ for a workstation of both discrete simulation monte carlo and CFD. To keep the costs from getting out of control, I am trying to figure out the minimum amount of DIMMS for all 4 CPUs. If I am understanding the manual correctly (page 2-12 )...