Recent content by sparx

1. sparx

[WTB] Supermicro CSE-846 4U Chassis w/ SAS3 Backplane, Drive Trays

I have plenty of drives trays. But thats in EU. Not sure if its feasible to send.
  2. sparx

Supermicro X10SRM-tf $125 offer accepted

Very nice that they included the sata dom also. Those are great.
  3. sparx

EU [WTB] LSI HBA card with externally exposed ports

I guess there are breakout cables that connect from external SAS directly to disks, but those are probably so unusual that they are too expensive. Maybe its better to buy internal cables and route them out of the chassis.
  4. sparx

Yes all these requests dont really go together in my mind. External HBA, breakout cables and 12bay rack mount case. One has to go :)
  5. sparx

Then you probably need to specify what exactly you are looking for. =)
  6. sparx

Are you looking also for a JBOD? I have a Xyratex HB-1235 that I could sell together with a fitting HBA card and cables.
  7. sparx

Nice doing business with you! Quick and easy.

Nice doing business with you! Quick and easy.
  8. sparx

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for the feedback!
  9. sparx

Need Supermicro IPMI VGA socket, anyone has motherboard not working?

Ill be optimistic and say: Slim to none.
  10. sparx

EU [FS] Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB, AIC PCIe x4

From paypal: "No surcharges You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than...
  11. sparx

That just talks about business owners. Also you are allowed to have a "handling fee". So that seems to solve that issue.
  12. sparx

Pretty sure thats in relation to shops @cw823.
  13. sparx

Intel server case with 8 hot swap 3.5" bays for $200 with free US shipping

Well. Intel uses a different standard for the signals for power hdd activity etc. All of them are different. I just removed all signals that were possible to use from the supermicro board over to a new connector and left the unused intel signals in the old connector, if i ever want to go back.
  14. sparx

If anyone ends up not wanting the hot swap drive cage, I'd be interested in one of those.
  15. sparx

I am running two of these chassis at home. Both with supermicro boards and swapped pins in the pin header. Just needs to be done once =) The fans are very reasonable when running them slower. I would even call it silent.