Recent content by sparx

1. sparx

EU [UK] - Intel (retail) 4x10GBE RJ45 NIC with Yottamark - X710-T4 246GBP

Is that cheap? Not trying to be sarcastic, I just don't have a point of reference for these. Looks expensive to me.
  2. sparx

Xeon D-1541 Quanta storage servers on ebay

If noone has a good answer Ill put a guess in here. There might be a PLD component on the board to handle misc-signals. Power handover between PSUs, easy upgrades of BMC and a variety of signals you didnt find any good way to control from anywhere else. And since this is a very specialized...
  3. sparx

Sometimes it's necessary to press some button or escape to get it to stay inside the shell. But it could also be that it is searching for the EFI on a USB stick or something to boot from there. Are you trying on this exact product? Maybe someone that has it can verify.
  4. sparx

Now im not sure, but many server products have the efi shell built in to the bios so its available as a boot option. Either F12 (or other button) to have quick boot menu and boot directly to EFI shell. Again, Im not sure this product has this built in.
  5. sparx

BestBuy - 12TB Easystore USB HDD - $180

And they also have a 12TB Seagate Exos drive in the sale. Seagate Exos X12 ST12000NM0037 - hard drive - 12 TB - SAS 12Gb/s - ST12000NM0037 - Enterprise Hard Drives - CDW.com Perhaps its old news.
  6. sparx

Ah. Thats why. Its not available to see for me in Swe.
  7. sparx

Maybe this? HGST Ultrastar He10 0F27438 HUH721010AL4204 10TB 3.5 7.2K RPM SAS 12Gb/s 4Kn HDD 784046943735 | eBay
  8. sparx

Weeelll.. Not many good answers there @mimino. Maybe you cant run SAS. Maybe the HC510 is not new and/or out of warranty. But in any case the SAS drive is better in all ways except power consumption. Perhaps noise also. Hmm.. that became a better list than i intended. Wait. Its 12TB also ;)
  9. sparx

[WTB] 6-10TB Dell Brand 3.5" Disk Lot

Where are you located?
  10. sparx

Monitor repair

Ive seen the same in aliexpress yes. But thats the same as the price of the monitor used. So thats not really an option. Else there seems to be some sellers at taobao also. But not sure if thats an option. Will check that.
  11. sparx

Monitor repair

Yeah it looks like it. Do you know where to buy panels? This one is called: LG Display LM375QW1 (SS)(B1)
  12. sparx

Monitor repair

Hi! I just bought a broken monitor dirt cheap. Its a Dell U3818DW-D so I reckon replacement parts will be expensive. Auction stated broken LCD. And it seems to be somewhat correct. But I cant find any impacts in the screen. https://i.imgur.com/ZCNQLbM.jpg Any fault tracing tips are...
  13. sparx

WTB: 2.5" or MSATA 2TB or 4TB SSD in the UK

Or i guess one die is about 1TB now, so 4 of them would suffice. But is anyone making them? And yes, I saw that you also accepted 2.5" =)
  14. sparx

WTB: 2.5" or MSATA 2TB or 4TB SSD in the UK

I get a bit surprised when reading someone wants mSATA. Do you think there are any drives made that are that big in mSATA format? It kind of died out way before those drive sizes where available. And in fact i think it'd be hard to manufacture one now even. Since so few Nand dies fit to the pcb.
  15. sparx

I dont think there has been any shingled in the Easystores yet. I dont know why this question pops up every time. I guess its Toshiba or Seagate that wants to slow the trend of shucking WD drives.