Samsung SAS 3.84tb SSD pm1633 $240

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Skud

Jan 3, 2012
Good price for SAS flash.

Couple things to keep in mind:

1) I think these were affected by the 32k hour bug. If these aren't already bricked then one would need access to the latest firmware, and the ability to load it.

2) They came from an EMC SAN, so they're probably formatted 520 byte sectors. Not sure how hard it is to change on these, but I do know some drives have proven difficult. Look at the IBM drive thread in these forums, for example.

Reactions: Fritz and Samir

tozmo

Feb 1, 2017

1) I think these were affected by the 32k hour bug. If these aren't already bricked then one would need access to the latest firmware, and the ability to load it.
I have two of these, haven't checked the firmware yet. Does anyone have Samsung firmware for this? Should I flash to latest HP or Dell firmware and hope they work in white box?

Reactions: Samir

zack$

Aug 16, 2018

2) They came from an EMC SAN, so they're probably formatted 520 byte sectors. Not sure how hard it is to change on these, but I do know some drives have proven difficult. Look at the IBM drive thread in these forums, for example.
The IBM issue on the s650dc drives is a completely different thing from the usual NetApp 520 byte formatting issue.

For ease of mind, there is a sticky on the forum on how to reformat from 520. No worries there.

Reactions: Samir

tjswe

Aug 23, 2020
The user is active on the swedish "eBay" tradera.com. Account registered 2008 with 188 sales and no negative feedback, but last feedback is 6 years ago.

Have seen these disks there also in the beginning of August, but no sale feedback.

Branko

Mar 21, 2022
The user is active on the swedish "eBay" tradera.com. Account registered 2008 with 188 sales and no negative feedback, but last feedback is 6 years ago.

Have seen these disks there also in the beginning of August, but no sale feedback.
Also, sale info changed, it was probably mistake. When I first saw it, it stated that more than 200 disks on sale...now only 3. I wouldn't post
here for only 3 items

sparx

Jul 16, 2015
Sweden
Looks like the right one. I'd be worried with 1 in history in ebay. But with the tradera one less worried. Tradera was part of ebay before. Then when paypal and ebay split they were owned by paypal. Now they are separate again. Useless info for this auction. Sorry :D

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
i have formatted a samsung 1635a (similar but different) which was netapp and 520 byte using sg_format using the instructions found here at servethe home.