Recent content by SmokinJoe

1. S

Supermicro X9SCL and old BIOS or IPMI

I see that from reading the manual, all the chips are on the board.... so there is no shared LOM like Dell has on the iDrac Express.
  2. S

Thanks BlueFox. I actually have the date bug, when I move back to BIOS 2.0a the system boots and works correctly. I have yet to get into the IPMI settings and there is some argument that it might not have IPMI if there is no dedicated NIC. I know many vendors have shared mode on the IPMI and...
  3. S

Hi All, Do all X9SCL's have IPMI? I know some have a dedicated port for IPMI and mine has the chip but it seems some dork may have put too new of BIOS on without upgrading the IPMI BMC firmware. Is there a FTP site with supermicro firmware, on SM I only see the current 23a and 22 version of...
  4. S

master password for Intel 320 SSD

The thinkpad had the password set via hdparm in a linux rescue cd OS. I also can't recall if TPM was enable or disabled and I have two laptops... it seems like there is software that can repair it but it is pricey
  5. S

master password for Intel 320 SSD

Hi All, I have an Intel 320 SSD that I messed up the hd ata password with a lenovo t420 and lenovo t430 laptop. It asks for the password and I have tried what I thought I used and it will not work. Is there a master password or a way to remove all settings so I can start over? Thanks, Joe