Recent content by smithse79

1. smithse79

Malicious ads or redirects?

Site migrating this morning? Getting what seems like a mobile page while on desktop and the hamburger menu is broken
  2. smithse79

EXPIRED WD DC HC520 12TB $75

I don't need more storage... I don't need more storage... I don't need more storage... I don't need more storage... I don't need more storage... I don't need more storage...
  3. smithse79

Looking for lower power server to act as storage host

So, as I am wont to do, I ignored all advice and ordered parts for a Xeon E3-1235L based system. It's not minimal power, but a lot less than I've got now which is the goal. I got a 2U chassis for it to help it be a bit quieter than 1U. Also, that allows me to run multiple half-height PCIE cards...
  4. smithse79

I probably know the answer to this question, but how does the STH audience feel about Aliexpress for hardware? I found this https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804371902281.html?gatewayAdapt=gloMsite2usaPcglo2usa4itemAdapt#nav-specification which seems like it could be what I want. There is the...
  5. smithse79

I've seen these around for quite a while. Wasn't sure if there might be better choices
  6. smithse79

My current server setup is getting long in the tooth, and I'm looking to upgrade. Firstly, I need somewhere to move my storage. Currently, I am running a Dual E5-2670 setup that also runs Plex. This connects to a NetApp DS4246 that houses my disks for bulk storage. I am just looking to replace...
  7. smithse79

SanDisk CloudSpeed Eco 1.92TB 2.5" SATA $120

Completely forgot about that. I have a 4246 that I believe has to have the interposers with SATA (I am also currently running SAS in that).
  8. smithse79

SanDisk CloudSpeed Eco 1.92TB 2.5" SATA $120

Is it a terrible idea to get a group of these and a Netapp ds2246 to build a flash ZFS array?
  9. smithse79

Time to upgrade?

I have an old Dell H200E that I bought back in 2015. It is serving it's purpose, but I'm wondering if there is something better that I could run. I have a Dual Xeon E5-2670 that I am using for Plex and an SMB file server. The server has the H200E connected to both controllers of a DS4243 (with...
  10. smithse79

Memorial Day Sales - P3605, 3TB, 4TB, S9300, etc.

I just emailed him as well. I hope to hear something back
  11. smithse79

Open Compute WindMill v2 Motherboard

I have an HBA connected to a JBOD unit with SATA disks if that's what you're asking. No NVME though.
  12. smithse79

Potential Deal: 2 x Dual 2011 nodes @$199, Quanta Openrack

I was able to buy some from esisoinc after asking if they sold them. He listed them on ebay and I grabbed what I needed.
  13. smithse79

Bug in Intel Atom C2000 series processors?

Mine was purchased August(?) 2015 Nothing obvious on the motherboard, and I didn't get the stats on the Stepping, etc. It is a fairly critical server and I needed it back up ASAP.
  14. smithse79

Bug in Intel Atom C2000 series processors?

If you're keeping a log of responses, here's how it went for me: 2/7: I contacted vendor, they had not heard anything from SM but would reach out. 2/7 (later): Vendor heard back from SM that there is a recall exchange for this motherboard (A1SRM-2758F) and they will set up an advanced...