Recent content by ske4za

1. S

Bug in Intel Atom C2000 series processors?

I just wanted to update this thread to say SM is still repairing these. I just sent in an A1SRi-C2758 from a SYS-5018A-FTN4 that failed over a year ago that I was lazy and forgot about. They didn't need the whole system thankfully: I should have delivery tomorrow from the repair. I would...
  2. S

Patching Intel X520 EEPROM to unlock all SFP+ transceivers

Silicom requires you to get the -SRD versions of their card to support both 1G/10G. Additionally on the Silicoms we use (which are the bypass versions) I have to set 1G manually like ethtool -s <nic> speed 1000 duplex full autoneg on instead of automatically working at 1G or 10G like other brands.
  3. S

Aruba MAS series SFP+ & POE+ switches sub-$100

My S2500-48P has been running solid as a TOR switch with switching 10G trunks as well as POE for my cameras, so I picked up another S2500-48T to use it's 4x10G ports on my SAN side. However after a few days the 10G ports become flaky and drop connections. Power cycling will fix it for a few...
  4. S

booting pfsense on 5018A-FTN4 server?

Lucky for you, I came home from work today and the UPS connected to my pfSense decided to just shut down while I was at work. So here are some pics. I will say that it seems to bounce between the Supermicro POST graphic and the Intel Boot Agent ROM about 3 times, so I'm not entirely sure that...
  5. S

I checked, and I think mine is a UEFI install: gpart show => 40 488397088 ada0 GPT (233G) 40 409600 1 efi (200M) 409640 479838208 2 freebsd-ufs (229G) 480247848 8149279 3 freebsd-swap (3.9G) 488397127 1 - free - (512B)...
  6. S

Have you tried this with the replacement board? I'm not sure why I haven't had any trouble with mine, and I've installed pfsense twice on it now (original SSD died).
  7. S

BestBuy - WD - Easystore 14TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive - $190

Likely WD140EDFZ or WD140EDMZ. As good as any for NAS usage imo. Some good information here:
  8. S

HP T730 8GB RAM 32GB Storage Thin Client

Just to make sure, you configured AMD under Thermal Sensors in Advanced > Misc > Cryptographic & Thermal Hardware > Thermal Sensors? If nothing else, this closed bug #10226 shows that he's able to read the temp in dev version 2.5 (based on FreeBSD 12.0).
  9. S

[SOLVED] SC846 Backplane not detected by LSI-9210-8i

Should be along the bottom if the 826 backplanes are anything to go by (bottom one says BPN-SAS2-826EL1)
  10. S

2U ATX PSU

I don't think there's anything wrong with the consumer units power or quality-wise as long as you get a reputable one, I just haven't seen a rear-to-front airflow one recently. Most of them have the bottom fan as an intake, with air outputting to the rear.
  11. S

2U ATX PSU

Supermicro has a few, the PWS-668-PQ is OOS from their store but it's 80 Plus Platinum rated. Athena Power has a few also but they either don't submit them for 80 PLUS testing, or they just aren't as efficient. I came here thinking you needed 2U style power supplies and was about to mention...
  12. S

What BIOS are you on?
  13. S

SAS3 SSDs on SAS2 card and HBA

A lot of companies sell things that can't reach their rated speed ;) But no, they can reach these speeds if your controller supports "wide port" which means combining multiple SAS connections. And BlueFox is right on both counts as SS530 drives are dual-port, so your speeds are limited to...
  14. S

Can't confirm that from IPMI so I'll have to reboot at some point to see. From what I can tell on the CLI I'm not booting UEFI, so I must be using CSM/Legacy etc.
  15. S

SAS3 SSDs on SAS2 card and HBA

I was looking at the datasheet directly from WD: https://documents.westerndigital.com/content/dam/doc-library/en_us/assets/public/western-digital/product/data-center-drives/ultrastar-ssd-sas-series/data-sheet-ultrastar-dc-ss530.pdf I'm sure IOPS would, but I wouldn't be able to tell you by how...