Recent content by simoncorner

1. S

Dell R740 vs HPE DL380 G10 - What to pick?

I don't think the HPE DL380 Gen10 comes with NVMe by default, you may need to purchase appropriate NVMe bays, cables etc. Certainly all of the ones I have only have SAS. I would still go for the HPE, I prefer the iLO and the build quality
  2. S

Anyone able to help out with some EMC VNXe downloads?

I tried the same with a VNXe3200 and I got it running but without the licences it's useless. Mine is just sat gathering dust.
  3. S

Only sees 1 HDD of 6 when connect DL380P 12xSFF backplane to LSI 9207-8i

Things to check. Have you got both SAS cables connected to the backplane? Are you mixing SAS and SATA? I would try and use all the same for testing. Do you have access to a HPE RAID card? The only query here would be if it will work in a non-HPE motherboard, I'm sure there are internet...
  4. S

How do i turn on NX360 M4 in Lenovo NextScale N1200 chassis?

I'm not familiar with the Lenovo chassis but from the HPE C7000 experience. Try taking all but one blade out, it could be a power load issue where it thinks it needs more power. Check the power redundancy options. It may need a minimum of so many power supplies connected. In the C7000, with the...
  5. S

EMC KTN-STL3 15 bay chassis

The firmware update happens automatically whenever you plug a shelf into a system if there is one available on the main unit (DPE), or if you perform an update to the Operating Environment (OE). I imagine it is possible to work around this somehow but it would be quite tricky.
  6. S

Looks like the disks are not being seen. The P222 is a RAID controller. If those disks have come out of an EMC device they are probably formatted as 520 bytes per sector. You will need a card in HBA mode to re-format them to 512 bps. It may be possible to switch the P222 into HBA mode . There...
  7. S

Questions regarding HP C7000 and BL465c G7

Great news, glad you got it working. I was wondering how you were getting on. Happy to help.
  8. S

Yes, I think they will work. I have an old ebay search that contained these part numbers (453151-b21, 453153-001, 453154-b21, 453156-001, 453578-001 ) so they should all work. I'll try to remember to check my system tomorrow and report back what is on the SFPs. HPE have a part number and a spare...
  9. S

If you have a dual port HBA, and your OS understands things, you can connect both. Microsoft Server OS need a multipath driver loading or it will see each disk twice. Linux of course is smart enough to work this out.. In this case your protecting yourself against a controller card failure in...
  10. S

Yes, that's normal if you aren't connecting it to a proper Dell/EMC VNX array.
  11. S

That network looks OK, certainly at this point. There aren't really any complicated settings if you aren't using VLANs. Your network needs at least one external uplink port(s). These are the physical ports on the rear of the interconnect. Yours has 1 x CX4 and 8 x SFP+. You can do clever...
  12. S

Info about the mezzanines show up in the OA, if you click a blade, then click the Information tab it will list any there. Depending on what they do, they may show up at boot, NICs normally give you an option to configure them for PXE etc. Fibre Channel HBAs always have a configuration menu for...
  13. S

The VC Flex is updated from a Windows computer, I would use an external device rather than a blade but once you've got the blades on your network you can use one. You need to install the Virtual Connect Support Utility v1.15 then pass the command that I put in a previous post. The blade...
  14. S

You're welcome, always happy to help. For some reason, people don't seem to like these C7000 but I do. I manage some at work and have one at home, along with a C3000. In the past, I've only had little experience with bulk OS deployments and customisation, and primarily on Linux, so can't offer...
  15. S

Understood, that is a complication that could be difficult to overcome. Server 2012 R2 is notoriously difficult to get VC++ working, you normally need a few Microsoft patches or you get cryptic error messages in the VC++ error log. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.