Recent content by shpitz461

1. S

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

Those of you with an ASRock ROMED8-2T, what settings did you change in BIOS for performance improvements?
  2. S

I think the modded bios is needed not only for microcode but also cause of AGESA version (needs to be < 1.0.0.3 for ES chips iirc) but i'm not sure.
  3. S

Have you tried using the onboard graphics as the primary to see if you get anything in Windows?
  4. S

@Tuvar, here's the thread for Naples OC: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/overclock-your-amd-epyc.23422/
  5. S

Upgrade time: more cooling, more cores, more RAM, more better

Hi, which waterblocks are you using for the GPU's? Can you use the same blocks on 30xx cards? Which power supply do you use? Does it power the whole system or do you need to use two power supplies? What part # is that big block that connects all the GPU's? Great build! Thanks!
  6. S

No system inventory in IPMI interface for new Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T mobo and Epyc 7443P cpu

Hilarious, it was right there and for some reason I missed it! But it's the same thing, the values shown are no what are stored in the BIOS, is this the case for you as well? Thanks
  7. S

No system inventory in IPMI interface for new Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T mobo and Epyc 7443P cpu

I do get a reply from a call to /redfish/v1/Systems/Self: { "@odata.context": "/redfish/v1/$metadata#ComputerSystem.ComputerSystem", "@odata.etag": "\"1635111112\"", "@odata.id": "/redfish/v1/Systems/Self", "@odata.type": "#ComputerSystem.v1_8_0.ComputerSystem", "Actions": {...
  8. S

Thanks! I wonder if the Lx.xx BIOS means Lab/beta and Px.xx means public/production? Are you able to control a remote session via keyboard/mouse? When I remote control I only see video output, keyboard/mouse on my laptop do not work on the remote screen, not even the on-screen keyboard...
  9. S

To change BIOS settings I'm using AsRock Rack Server Management v2.40 utility: IPMI via web interface doesn't have a BIOS section:
  10. S

My board came with the following: Firmware Information BMC Firmware Version 1.19.00 BIOS Firmware Version P3.20 PSP Firmware Version 0.C.0.7D Microcode Version 0830104d When the board boots, it shows BIOS P3.20 with date of March 2021. The 3.20 BIOS listed on the website shows a...
  11. S

Thanks @RolloZ170, that's what I thought :) I'll read about them again, I'm very curious as to what this ROMED8 can do. I also have a thermal camera (this one: Flir One Pro) I can take heat signature pictures with, once I start going deeper into my testing.
  12. S

Yeah, I'll report about overclocking once I get everything built and stable. @irgen, I thought from what I've been reading in the whole thread that -04 chips are unlocked and can be overclocked similar to 2S/ZS chips. @RolloZ170, so I can't view any video output via IPMI that is not output via...
  13. S

I'm not sure what you mean? If I am able to control the mouse why the video is blank? Do i need to configure something in order to see the video output in the BMC via the GPU?
  14. S

Great info/tips, thanks! I am planning on doing something similar to what you've done a while ago, and I'm going to be thorough with my testing. I also ordered a 2nd Noctua fan to be mounted on the other side of the heatsink. One off-topic question about IPMI: I connected to the site just fine...