Recent content by shiin03

1. S

PM953 error code 10 on windows

hello. i recently purchased two PM953, one works flawlessly but another one were not detected on BIOS and Windows device manager have yellow warning with error code 10. is there anything i could try to do other than throw it out and say "in the bin?".
  2. S

Nearby sharing between Android and Windows

it turns out all of these "on the box" nearby share only works in between the same platform. good thing google now have beta apps to transfer between windows and android. no official apps yet for sharing between mac and android
  3. S

Nearby sharing between Android and Windows

hey everyone, anyone used this feature to share files?. i sometimes wanted to share files between my laptop and phone without actually connecting them through USB. bluetooth just way too slow for transfering lossless audio file. I tried nearby share between same platform (android to android and...
  4. S

HP H240 not cooperating with any HDD but SAS SSD

so, i got the H240 working and even updated the firmware on another system but the performance is kinda weird. 4K Q1T1 write performance is half of SAS3008?. it's even slower than the older SAS2308. and i confirmed this HBA uses custom PMC-Sierra PM8161B. who knows what's the difference with PM806x
  5. S

LSI RAID Controller and HBA Complete Listing Plus OEM Models

U.2/U.3 supports hotswap by default afaik
  6. S

Sun Oracle 7096186 PCIE Switch Adapter... plx?

so, this card didnt do passthrough?. i'd like to have them since i'm running out of PCIe lanes but maybe i should pay more and get aliexpress PEX8747 card instead?
  7. S

Options for SAS expander with discrete LED outputs?

no drive cages. they all hard mounted to the chassis. my chassis is be quiet dark base 900
  8. S

Options for SAS expander with discrete LED outputs?

hi guys. i'd like to know if i have another options for SAS expander that came with activity/fault LED output other than Intel RES2SV240. i know there's sideband decoder chips used on many backplanes but i cant find them on the market. not even the pinouts. using a backplane is not an option...
  9. S

Hba generation diff and nvme - any real difference ?

SAS/SATA only (two mode) HBA won't read NVMe drives. HBA1100 uses SmartIOC 2100 chip where it only supports SAS and SATA drives while HBA1200 uses SmartIOC 2200 chip which does support tri-mode SAS/SATA/NVMe drives. so the tl;dr, it wont damage anything but you also wasted your money. the...
  10. S

Check if Oracle SAS drive is vendor locked?

i have a few Oracle drives on my desktop works without problem. i've heard of this but never caught one yet. chance is the system itself that locks itself from "unverified" drives meaning you can only buy their re-branded drives in order to get the system works (Synology for example)
  11. S

cant find that option on my UEFI. the system does boot fine but windows bogged down like it tries to do something in background everytime i have anything plugged to the HBA. disabling CSM also did nothing good. i already bought LSI 9300-8i today and hoping it will arrive within a couple weeks...
  12. S

strange. maybe because i currently have no drives attached? i'll give a try again with drive attached and report back -update- nope. tried to update with SAS SSD attached, still no luck and now my system also crashed with SSD. something is wrong with this card
  13. S

i tried to update the firmware just now but it returns error. the software says something about incompatibility. original firmware was 5.0 something and i tried both 5.52 and 7.2 without luck. does this firmware update software only runs at HP server?.
  14. S

hi guys. new here and i've been searching about my problem without any luck. my old Dell H200 recently kept triggering PSU's protection so i decided to get HP H240 card then switched it to HBA mode. problem is, this cards did detect all drives i tried to throw on it BUT only on the offline SSA...