Recent content by seb101

1. S

Supermicro Xeon D / FCBGA 1667 Heatsink information

What made you decide 90 was too high? Not enough headroom for comfort? The chip is rated to 108C but I noticed it issues a system warning at 102C.
  2. S

Good to know! I actually have exactly the same case as you, but it's used as a firewall not a NAS, so just have a PCIE network card in the riser on the left.
  3. S

Yeah thats a fair point. I am only going this route as I already have the Noctua fans and 3D printing something only takes a bit of my time. If that doesn't work I'll have a look at the blowers.
  4. S

I've just encountered this after upgrading a C2750 based board to the D-1521 based board. I am somewhat limited by having it in a 1U case, I had 2x 40mm Noctuas on the rear of the case which was more than adequate for the C2750 but not even close for the D-1521, it overheats and shuts down even...
  5. S

Patching Intel X520 EEPROM to unlock all SFP+ transceivers

Started to look at the same fix for the X710 series. https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/unlocking-any-brand-sfp-modules-on-intel-x710.29040/ Thanks for the inspiration!
  6. S

Unlocking Any Brand SFP modules on Intel X710

Inspired by this post I have been investigating if it is possible to edit the NVM of Intel X710 adaptors to allow any brand of SFP module to be used. The good news is, I think it's entirely possible using similar methods to NathanA's post. First ray of hope is that in this document...