Recent content by seang86s

1. S

Apollo 2600 Gen 10, ProLiant XL170r Gen10 Nodes

I have one with 4 nodes running at a colo. Did you buy them all together or as separate pieces? I found out the hard way that the chassis are not all the same and the nodes will only power up on the right chassis.
  2. S

FS: Xeon 6240 (SRF8X) CPUs - $850

Hi everyone. I have six Xeon 6240 CPUs for sale. $850/each shipping included to the lower 48 states.
  3. S

Cables: SFF-8643 | Oculink | Slim-SAS... etc.

Bought cheap Oculink via Amazon. Had errors, hangs and disappearing drives on POST. Got Supermicro cables and they are rock solid after over of year of operation. Fortunately, it's no longer available: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09C1WKLF8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  4. S

Can a desktop computer's power supply last over a decade?

Oh, before that Corsair I had two Tagen 1000 watt power supplies that were regarded as excellent. Both died several years ago.
  5. S

Can a desktop computer's power supply last over a decade?

I have a Corsair AX1200 that I purchased in January 2011. It's still going strong in my Corsair Obsidian 800D case (purchased the same time). I believe the motherboard has been upgraded 4 times, maybe 5. The first video card in that case/power supply was a 8800 GTX times 3 for triple SLI and...
  6. S

IBM 7.6 TB SAS SSD 528 TO 512 BYTE PROBLEM!

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, it's still not working for me: IBM-SSG IBM-SSGSSNU7P6 E185 peripheral_type: disk [0x0] PROTECT=0 Unit serial number: HSR031B10000822150Z3 LU name: 5000c500a1844b44 mode sense(6) cdb: [1a 00 01 00 fc 00] Mode Sense (block...
  7. S

IBM 7.6 TB SAS SSD 528 TO 512 BYTE PROBLEM!

Hi. Did you get this resolved?
  8. S

Seagate XS7680SE70094 - IBM Part

Hello everyone. I picked up one of these drives off Ebay and I can't seem to get it recognized by my SAS controller (LSI 3008 onboard controller on a Supermicro MB). During POST (while the controller scans the bus), the drive doesn't show up. Other SAS and SATA drives show up fine, including...
  9. S

Wherefore art thou PLP M.2 <=2280 NVME SSDs?!

The Micron 7300 Pro has PLP and is 2280 form factor.
  10. S

WD 2TB M.2 SATA and Proliant X170R Gen 10

Whoops. Thought I was in the storage forum. I see it's already been moved. Sorry about that.
  11. S

WD 2TB M.2 SATA and Proliant X170R Gen 10

Hi everyone. I'm trying to install a couple of these SATA SSDs into the built in M.2 riser on a Proliant X170R node for an ESXi datastore. It works and is recognized, but after a few minutes of operation, iLO5 reports that sensor 60 (AHCI HD) reports a high temp situation and the server shuts...
  12. S

Current router on its way out... possible replacement?

Is one access point enough to cover your home? Is it enough to handle all your wireless clients? You might benefit in adding an additional access point and theoretically splitting all your wireless clients between two APs and therefore, two separate gigabit connections.
  13. S

Best way to update bios/firmware on HP DL380 Gen9?

Why not just mount the .ISO as virtual media thru the iLO and boot off of that? During post, hit F11 for the boot menu and select iLO virtual media. If you go into Intelligent Provisioning you can also upgrade the firmware as long as the server has an internet connection. Truth be told...
  14. S

EXPIRED Brocade ICX-7250P

Can all the SFP ports be licensed to handle 10 Gig?