Recent content by samwathegreat

1. S

FS (IN, US): ECC DDR4 RAM (8GB 2133 RDIMMS and 16GB 2400 RDIMMS) + MISC NIC Cards including Intel x520-DA2

Thanks for your interest. I'm not certain how to tell. The actual model is AOC-SGP-i2 rev 2.00 and the actual chip is NHI350AM2. Both cards come with low profile and high profile brackets. Hope this helps.
  2. S

FS (IN, US): ECC DDR4 RAM (8GB 2133 RDIMMS and 16GB 2400 RDIMMS) + MISC NIC Cards including Intel x520-DA2

For your consideration, I have the following items available for sale, shipping to the US only. Shipping will be $12 USPS or will be free with any $100+ purchase. Cash App, Venmo, PayPal F&F all accepted. Lots of feedback on eBay - check my username samwathegreat765 The Samsung 16GB RDIMMs...
  3. S

X99-WS/IPMI: FRU & VGA Priority

The onboard GPU is incompatible with UEFI - you'll HAVE to use CSM in order to take advantage of that. There's no real benefit to UEFI here anyways. Now...if you run a hypervisor, you CAN have the virtual machines be UEFI and that works great (is preferred for doing passthrough). But the bare...
  4. S

Updating the HGST HDD & SSD firmware

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17a3Ppy2tzr1q-RYyBTBTHmpXDl7jAWaa/view?usp=sharing Here is the A0GNA182.bin
  5. S

Decent deal on used 1500VA UPS [2nd Batch]

Thanks, that is helpful. Are you on linux? If so, nut (network ups tools) has the ability to configure multiple UPSs in a variety of different configurations. With my two units, one is protecting 2 of my servers using nut - one as a master and one as a slave -- so I'm able to safely poweroff...
  6. S

Supermicro AOC-STGN-I2S (like x520-da2) $39.99 shipped (SOLD)

Back again, 4 left -- AOC-STGN-I2S SUPERMICRO DUAL PORT 10 GIGABIT ETHERNET ADAPTER LOW PROFILE 672042069033 | eBay
  7. S

Decent deal on used 1500VA UPS [2nd Batch]

Hi Question for those of you that got in on the $74 offers: When I made my offer, the seller said that he could no longer accept the offer because he replaced the batteries in the remaining units with continental batteries. He accepted $90/unit and I got 2. They took 2 weeks to even ship out...
  8. S

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

The threshold on the noctua fans is a non issue. A simple one-line command with ipmitool or similar will adjust the threshold for whatever port you use the fan on. You can do it booting from a Linux live USB if necessary. The change is persistent across reboots. Not trying to guide you one...
  9. S

Wow that happened quick! Congrats to the other 3 folks who got in on the deal.
  10. S

Respectable deal on some nice 10G cards. Same chipset as the x520-da2. UPDATE 4/26 -- Deal is back, only 4 units at time of posting. This time it is LOW PROFILE bracket so be sure it will fit your machine. AND.....gone again... AOC-STGN-I2S SUPERMICRO DUAL PORT 10 GIGABIT ETHERNET ADAPTER...
  11. S

Please help - anyone with download access to support.emc.com ?

Thanks so much!! This was really helpful. Mission accomplished.
  12. S

Please help - anyone with download access to support.emc.com ?

Hi folks. I'm trying to update my HGST SSD firmware, and found a great guide from another member: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/updating-the-hgst-hdd-ssd-firmware.22381/ Yet not matter what I do, I'm unable to find the file Drive_Firmware_1.13.tgz which has my drives...
  13. S

Updating the HGST HDD & SSD firmware

Can anyone help me out here? Trying to update the firmware as per the OP, but the firmware is nowhere to be found. The vendor has locked down their downloads, and I can't access the needed file without a dell enterprise account. All I really need is the A0GNA182.bin firmware file, but if...
  14. S

1U Supermicro Server 6x 10GBE RJ45 X10SLH-LN6TF LGA 1150 H3 X10SLH-N6-ST031

Can anyone share their accepted offer for this deal?