Recent content by Robert1958

1. R

Dell R720XD SSD drive problem

Hi Everyone, I'm having an issue that is driving me NUTZ.. I recently purchased 2 Dell R720XD's off ebay from 2 different sellers. Both are configured as follow: 2 intel E5-2697 V2 processors 64 Gb DDR 3 EEC Ram 2 750 watt power supplies 1 PERC H710P 1 Rear Flex Bay 3 Seagate 4 Tb 3.5 inch...
  2. R

Dell R720XD power button problem

Found the problem.. The jerks I purchased these servers from severed a few of the wires in the main ribbon cable from the backplane to the motherboard.. Thanks for all your help..
  3. R

My mistake, hit the ID buttons for the wrong server.. The one with the power button issues, when I push the ID button it doesn't flash from the front or back. I did swap the left ear with one that was working and no problem. The ear, buttons, lights and cable are okay.. Seems more and more...
  4. R

Hi Terry, Thanks for the reply!! The NX3100 looks pretty close to the R720XD, I don't think they did much in the design from the NX3100 to the R720XD and yes mine is a 12 bay of 3.5" drives. The push button does lite up (green on my unit) and there are 6 diagnostic lights that come on as well...
  5. R

Hi Everyone, I recently purchased a few Dell R720XD's off ebay and I'm experiencing a very strange problem.. When I push the power button on the front left ear nothing happens.. If I change out a power supply or pop out the battery back up the unit will boot, just not from the power button...