Recent content by rmflint

1. R

Layer 3 Switch w/ PFSense

Thank you. You clarified what I was trying to understand.
  2. R

Thank you for the update. I’m trying to learn as much as I can about networking and utilizing my Catalyst l3 switch. I am trying to set everything up in my homelab. Can you please elaborate on how you setup pfsense? 1. what do you mean by ‘static for pfsense on the lan side’ ? 2. How do you...
  3. R

Why did you decide to not use the transit network option? After reading through this thread numerous times that seems like the ideal solution for doing DHCP on the l3 switch and only using pfsense as a firewall.
  4. R

Can you post a link to the thread you wrote? I am trying to do the same. Thank you
  5. R

LSI 9207-8i turns out to be Dell OEM, not detected - support options?

I flashed the bios to the card and now my array shows up on boot and is accessible to os. Thanks for the tip!
  6. R

Supermicro sc836 - bpn-sas-836tq vs bpn-SAS2-836el1 backplanes

I am trying to decide between purchasing an sc836 barebones chassis, one with the Bpn-sas-836tq backplane and the other with a Bpn-SAS2-836el1 backplane for about the same price. I will be connecting either backplane to a SAS2 HBA and still haven’t decided on SAS or SATA drives so I would like...
  7. R

I am a bit confused on the need to flash the bios back. I plan to use this server with zfs and some flashing tutorials say not to flash the bios since it is not needed and slows down boot time. I can’t remember if I flashed the bios to my M1015. I guess I am slowly learning (the hard way) about...
  8. R

Can you help me with my HP branded LSI 92074i4e flashed to it-mode. I was able to erase and flash to it-mode using lsi’s version 20 firmware (I did not reflash the bios) specifically for 92074i4e. It shows that it is in it mode with sas2flash -list but when I try to boot into os my disk do not...
  9. R

Flashing HP H220 SAS card to latest FW

Blinux, you saved me and my card! I've spent 2 days chasing my tail on this one. You were 100% correct on the problem. It did not matter which version of sas2flash I used. Version 20 worked once I used the correct firmware file for the sas2308 chipset. Not sure how I got the wrong version...
  10. R

I am still getting the same sas2flash errors which started after I initially ran the clean flash command (sas2flash.efi -o -e 6) and then ran the sas2flash.efi Now when I try to run the clean flash command I get the following error: "Controller is not operational. A firmware Hostboot is...
  11. R

Slovak, can you help me find the 2308T207.ROM (latest version 20.00.07.00-IT) firmware file which you used? I did not discover your thread until after I tried to flash my HP branded SAS9217 / SAS2308 card with LSI's version 20 package. I am hoping to use your method to recover my card. Is the...
  12. R

Norco Storage Products thread

Thank you for clarifying! Is there any other advantage besides a cleaner connection when adding an expander, I.e. Intel expander mentioned previously? I already have a Supermicro powerboard but since I only want to build JBOD disk array I do not plan on installing any kind of motherboard with...
  13. R

Norco Storage Products thread

I am trying to build a 16 drive JBOD nas enclosure to connect to my dell R620 Proxmox (zfs) server for home use. It seems impossible to find any clear cut detailed solution! Oditory, can you explain why I would need the intel port expander with either the Norco dc-12 or rpc-4216 enclosures? I...
  14. R

Dell MD1200 JBOD (zfs) LSI SAS HBA support?

I am trying to add a JBOD DAS to my dell R620 server which is using ZFS (not hardware raid). I have an HBA flashed to it-mode (LSI 9217E1I1 with 2118 it firmware) which is connected to the internal r620s backplane with the additioan external MiniSAS intended for the JBOD DAS. I am considering...