Recent content by RimBlock

1. R

THE CHIA FARM

I have just started another thread asking the same question here .
  2. R

THE CHIA FARM

Mainnet space is going down. Down to 28.28 EiB today. 277TiB is now reporting a win every 23days. New version of the Chia software (1.3.1) came out just over a week ago. Chia has been bouncing between $60 & $70 over the las month. Waiting for my next (overdue) win and then will possibly be...
  3. R

Storage Crypto ?

With Chia not, outwardly at least, going anywhere much and people jumping off, has anyone been looking at the various storage crypto offerings with a view to providing space. Cryptos that come to mind are (inc links); ARWEAVE & Virdpool ARWeave Explorer FileCoin & FilFox Network Info site...
  4. R

THE CHIA FARM

Just for reference ... Finished plotting my latest batch. Now at 277TiB (2800 plots). TTW flicking between 1m and 25d depending on the fluctuation network space. To move forwards from here I would need to spend around 2k for more drives and a chassis (plus shipping etc). Not sure if it is...
  5. R

Supermicro 6027 X9 Servers - Are X10 Nodes Compatible?

Not from what I have seen. I have a Supermicro SuperServer 6027TR-DTRF which comes with the X9DRT-HF nodes. Connectivity between the nodes and the main chassis backplane is via a midplane card which generally handles drives and power. I have been playing with my unit quite a bit and this is...
  6. R

THE CHIA FARM

Nice speeds. The good old days of cheep prices back in 2019. Doing a quick search on ebay now that would be likely to set me back over $1.1k plus case & PSU etc although that does include shipping to where I am located which is not cheap... I take it you are using pretty fast DDR4 ...
  7. R

THE CHIA FARM

My ram upgrade came for my plotter today and as I am trying to fill 10x 10TB drives I thought I would have a bit of a play around. I use a 2U Supermicro SuperServer 6027TR-DTRF 2-Node (e5 v1&2) with one x9-DRT-HF & one x9-DRT-HF+ node (I have another x9-DRT-HF+ spare). I got this as I have a...
  8. R

THE CHIA FARM

My bad. Misread. One clarification... If I shut the GUI down on a machine running a full node it shuts down the full node as well. If is shutdown the GUI on the Windows machine, does it still shutdown the full node on the remote Linux server ?. Ok, to answer my own question... The remote...
  9. R

THE CHIA FARM

Hmm, looks like the ChisBlockchain GUI needs to be installed on the Linux full node in order to generate the GUI ssl certs (used for remote GUI connectivity). Having installed Ubuntu server, X-server, Gnome, VNC Server and got that mostly working, running the install-gui.sh throws up lots of...
  10. R

THE CHIA FARM

Remote Chia GUI ?? Does anyone have a solution for being able to run the Chia GUI on a remote Windows machine and having the Full node running on a Linux machine ?. At the moment, I have the Full node on a Windows machine inc GUI and I remote desktop to it every now and then to check and...
  11. R

THE CHIA FARM

Thanks. Not sure adding 100TB for a 1-->2 week improvement is really worth it .... Oh well the drives are here now :). Seems some people are running MadMax on Ramdisk only with 256GB ram so have some more ram on the way to give that a try.
  12. R

THE CHIA FARM

Thanks, very helpful. Now if we could only put drive prices in and compare drive sizes against each other it would take it from helpful to awesome :).
  13. R

THE CHIA FARM

Current experience Started around May 21 and got nothing (0 --> 500 plots - 0 Chia) Joined a pool in July 21 and made crumbs (smaller crumbs every day), won and got .25 (around 500 plots - 0.7 Chia total) Left pool to go solo in Aug 21 (500 --> 2,000 plots - 6.7 Chia) Chia became corrupted on...
  14. R

Riser options for X9DRT-HF+

Hi All, I have a 2U twin Supermicro system ( Supermicro SuperServer 6027TR-DTRF 2-Node Server X9DRT-HF ). I have upgraded the server nodes with X9DRT-HF+ units (more ram slots & SAS controller). The only issue is that it has no standard PICe slots. There is a custom PCIe slot that takes a...
  15. R

54 TBW for Chia

I would say it depends on the volume you are looking to plot. A decent US$200 --> 300 nvme drive, an adaptor for it if needed and 128GB ram can give a plot every 34 mins or quicker with old server hardware. For 100TB written not one NVME failure yet although. I use MadMax with tmp1 as the...