Recent content by RimBlock

1. R

54 TBW for Chia

I would say it depends on the volume you are looking to plot. A decent US$200 --> 300 nvme drive, an adaptor for it if needed and 128GB ram can give a plot every 34 mins or quicker with old server hardware. For 100TB written not one NVME failure yet although. I use MadMax with tmp1 as the...
  2. R

THE CHIA FARM

Finally left Spacepoool. Made 0.5 Chia ove 1 month vbut to be fair, I was replotting over some of that time. CHia estimate for my 100TB is around 2 months per win so makes little sense to still with the pool. My income had dropped to between 0.021 --> 0.023 per day down from 0.024 --> 0.026...
  3. R

THE CHIA FARM

Chia v 1.2.3 came out a week ago and seems to be working ok for me. I tried chia plots check and a number of my plots seems to have no pooling key listed but seem to be working just fine (they have been replotted with the key). I suspect the pooling key is just not in the machines keychain. I...
  4. R

THE CHIA FARM

I use a variation of the following ./build/chia_plot -n 21 -r 30 -u 128 -t /mnt/chia-tmp1/ -2 /mnt/chia-tmp2/ -d /mnt/spacepool/chia-plots-1/ -c xxxxxx -f xxxxxx | ts | tee ../chia-plotter-`date "+%d.%m.%Y-%H.%M.%S"`.log Note the quotes around the data command are the ones usualy next to the...
  5. R

Supermicro X9DRT-HF (6027TR-DTRF) SAS options

Hi All, I have a x9 2U FatNode server (only two nodes not 4). Unfortunately the setup is SATA only. Does anyone know what options are there for using SAS drives ?. The back plane does not even have any SATA / SAS connectors, everything comes through the node connection riser. Thanks...
  6. R

THE CHIA FARM

Re-plotting as in redoing the plotting process to create new plots to replace the old ones. I mount a drive with original plots on, wipe them out and then create the new plots. The new plots can be used for both solo and for polling so it is good to change over to them. Yep, there is the hit...
  7. R

THE CHIA FARM

I did around 0.019 in the last 24h (around US$3) with 720+ plots. This gives a ROI of around 20 years. I am still replotting and have space for just over 1k total plus another 12TB on the way but I really don't see any value buying any more storage now. With spacepool you need over 300TB to...
  8. R

THE CHIA FARM

Finally got some sort of Splunk view together for my 2 plotters. The Failed copied box is to report if a Plotter hangs due to no disk space left. My Temp1 drives are around 1G NVME so can take another 9 or so plots before it all grinds to a halt so hopefully this will highlight before that...
  9. R

System absurdly underperforming on Madmax plotter (chia)

Interesting read. I am running on Ubuntu 20.04.2 remote machines (ie not my main desktop) and have the following two plotters configs running. Supermicro based: X9-DR3-LN4F Dual E5-2690v1 (8c/16t 2.9GHz-->3.8GHz each) 192GB Ram Tmp1=Ent nvme (nvme to PCIe adapter), Tmp2=Ram Drive (tmpfs)...
  10. R

THE CHIA FARM

Mad Max has a small update which allows you to add a thread multiplier (-k) for the second phase. It seems that the second phase runs faster with more threads whilst the first may not. The Github issue and details can be found here. Whilst I have updated, I have not played around with it yet.
  11. R

THE CHIA FARM

So the HP is under control. There is a ILO4 firmware hack that presents the fan and sensor config to the ILO shell so now the fans run at 50% rather than 100% and the CPUs just get up to around 70c. Much more acceptible noise and 35min plots. Spacepool leaderboard is interesting reading. Top...
  12. R

THE CHIA FARM

I did change this previously but I will check all my machines now that I have new plots no faster than 32 mins. Every 35 mins or so should catch new plots in a timely manner as well.
  13. R

EXPIRED HUH728080AL5200: $119.95

Wont ship to me so time to move on and keep looking :).
  14. R

THE CHIA FARM

I would also suggest avoiding 6TB drives. I have 4 and when they are loaded with as many full blocks as possible (MadMax 108GB plots) the dirves end up with 100GB free each. Masive waste. Just had my first payout with Spacepool. 0.01 Chia. Payout was auto and is reflected in my wallet...
  15. R

THE CHIA FARM

Will replot all of them :). Have just over 100TB worth filled last week but no Chia yet (2 month ETA). Might as well farm solo and replot one drive at a time so can play both sides (solo and pool) untill fully cut over. The old plots can only be used for Solo and the new ones will be for...