Recent content by Retrorockit

1. R

Xeons with an open multiplier

Yes but it's Dell, andf it's a workstaion. T5820X so who knows what will happen there. Unlocked Chipset and unlocked CPU, I'm guessing TS will be able to deal with it. I just became aware of these possibly unlocked workstations. I don't have one to play with.
  2. R

Thanks for the replies. I wonder if the X299 workstations have that locked too. They're not Xeons though.
  3. R

I see you guys have done some workstation overclocking. Did any of you try Throttlestop? TS was designed to undervolt and underclock laptops. So it's all about TDP and TDC control, plus multipliers. On unlocked CPUs it can raise things also. Intel doesn't have their fingers in the pie. It work...
  4. R

Thanks for the Replies. FWIW the HP Z420 has been overclocked HP Z420 , Xeon 1680v2 @ 4.4Hgz all cores Look around in here. https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/XTU-Version-required-for-overclocking-Z420-on-Win-10/td-p/7622229/page/6 The HP Z4 G4...
  5. R

There are some Dell and HP workstations coming on the surplus market now. The Dell Precision T5820 W series Xeon system, and the 5820 X Series for CoreX CPUs, all of which seem to be unlocked?? i9 10900X is common. X299 chipset...
  6. R

You can go to cpu-world.com and look up the CPU that you're interested in. They will show the various steppings including the Qxxx ES versions. https://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Xeon/Intel-Xeon%20E5-2680%20v4.html As to whether that means they're unlocked IDK?
  7. R

Reply to T5810 overclocking question. It's a work in progress. (Not my own). You can go to the Throttlestop Overclocking Desktop PCs forum to see his project. There is only one person I know of working on that system, and he just recently got control of Voltage to get a serious overclock going...
  8. R

I'd like to report a successful overclock of a Dell T5810 workstation using an unlocked Xeon E5-1650z3 to 4.5GHz. The Xeon is known to be unlocked, but we weren't sure if the workstation chipset would allow overclocking in these systems. Intel XTU, and Throttlestop software can do this on the...
  9. R

The HP Z400 can be overclocked using Throttlestop software. The thread starts here. Throttlestop overclocking Desktop PCs You do need to have one of the unlocked Xeons. Which one will work in your Z400 depends on which MB you have. The older ones suppport W3570, W3580 Nehalem based Xeons these...
  10. R

I have a user at the Throttlestop overclocking thread who wants to overclock his E5-1660V2 Xeon. The CPUZ 1660v2 chart seems to have unlocked E5=1620v2 results in it for some reason. We're finding lots of Dell T3610 workstation E5-1650v2 overclocks at userbenchmark,com but the 1660 remains a...
  11. R

We've been using Throttlestop to overclock these, so the XTU issue isn't the problem, and all the 2 QPI 5500, and 5600 Xeons are coming up locked. W or X or even ES series. In LGA 1366 all the ones coming up unlocked have an unlocked equvalent like the i7-875X, i7-980X,i7-990X etc. The only dual...
  12. R

That's what I'm saying. CPUZ is useless for confirming unlocked CPUs. It seems to be ASUS P6T motherboards are involved in this stunt. But there IS a voltage hardmod that spoofs the V.sense pin on the VRM controller and the MB can't tell what the Voltage actually is. But these are always the...
  13. R

Thanks for that. Here's another unlocked phantom CPU @ CPUZ X5687 running 56x133 Intel Xeon @ 7482.97 MHz - CPU-Z VALIDATOR So I've given up on using them as a reference for this purpose. IDK if someone can unlock these, or if they just spoof CPUZ. And again a superclock with normal Voltage...
  14. R

QX9775 may not be "called" a Xeon but it is the only unlocked Dual CPU processor. It's LGA771 which is a dual CPU Xeon platform. It's an unlocked X5482 List of LGA 771 & 775 CPUs + Current Prices A couple people have tried the W5580/90 and found them to be locked including an ES. What's going...
  15. R

Unclewebb the developer of Throttlestop tested an W5580 and found it locked and another user totalfreq tested a W5590 ES and found it locked also. Those CPUZ validations are one of the reasons we tested them. Maybe W3580 being mis identified? IDK but we're finding no dual CPU Xeons unlocked...