Recent content by Railgun

1. R

Troubleshooting GPU passthrough ESXi 6.5

Hi @das1996. Firstly, thanks for your efforts on this (and everyone for that matter). I too have started to experience issues in this regard with my 1660Ti, though in my case, it seems a host reboot no longer gets the card in a working state. I'd not done any of the above previously and am...
  2. R

RAID 30 terrible sequential read performace

Thanks. As mentioned, I'm not a storage guru by any stretch. Just a PEBKAC all day long. :oops: And I wasn't using SCP to bench per se, rather just the mechanism to do the transfers in my normal workflow.
  3. R

I've come to the conclusion that SCP sucks. I've tested pushing from the VM in question to my PC...25MB/s solid. Realized I had samba installed on the VM, but never actually configured for setting up the share. Did so, accessed it from the PC in question and moved it over...pulling from the...
  4. R

Welp...it's not a storage issue. Well...it's probably not anyway. It's perhaps a server issue on the network side (it's NEVER the network!) It's not really a network issue per se, but I've not yet determined the cause. In short, the RAID 50 array is exhibiting the same behavior. Taking a...
  5. R

In this context, a simple file copy via scp from a Win10 box. It's the only way I know to get a direct copy to an xfs file system from a Win box. I do the rips locally on my desktop, and simply copy them over via this method. I was copying it back from the server to do something else with one...
  6. R

I’m making a lot of assumptions based on what I’m reading here, so the beefiness was in reference to fsck’s comment. As there’s no way to measure that, it’s all speculation at best anyway. And yeah...marketing teams trump all. C’est la vie.
  7. R

Thanks folks. So while on paper; suggesting that sequential transfers will benefit, which technically it is, in practice, it sucks. Call me convinced. I'd had hoped that this controller was a) beefier than it is in this instance and b1) they'd either NOT support it if it can't hack it or b2)...
  8. R

Thanks for that. I wouldn’t have expected it to be that shit TBH. I suppose that answers my question then in what I need to do. In theory it would work. In practice, as you say, they decided to half ass it.
  9. R

Firstly, long time lurker, first time poster. Secondly, yes, you read the title correctly, RAID 30. Let me preface the meat of this post by saying I don't want to entertain why this and you should've that. I'll deal with it later when I can temporarily offload and possibly re-do the array...