Recent content by r4ptor

1. R

Supermicro Temp threshold

yes im sure :D, i used the following command: ipmitool -h <ip> -u <user> -p <password> sensor thresh "CPU Temp" upper 40 50 60 Id did work for every other threshold but not the CPU. as for the ipmiutil, the command is similar but i dont remember it.
  2. R

Ive looked at that post earlier and the software says that the threshold for the cpu is changed, but they are never taken into effect, even though the new threshold is 50C and the temp is 55C the fans still only spins at 300rpm. In that moment they should go 100% but never does. Also, once the...
  3. R

That page is great, it says that the fan headers are controlled by the CPU temp and so, which is great, but its not what im looking for unfortunately, its not the fans or their mode that are the issue, its the sensor threshold. I want to lower the critical temperature threshold of the CPU to...
  4. R

Ive spoken to them, 5 times now. All they can say is: "Dont use third party fans, use our fans", "dont use third party ipmi software", "update your bios and firmware" etc. Well the issue is on 3 different boards, x10, x11 and A2SDi so it cant be the bios or firmware bug, ive update firmware and...
  5. R

Im in need of some assistance in regards to the CPU temp threshold of my supermicro motherboards. Useing the ipmitools on my linux laptop im trying to lower the CPU temp threshold. The issue is that the change is never acctually implemented. Even though ipmitools says that the temp is...