Recent content by proxima

1. P

server build for passively cooled compute cards

Thanks for the advice -- though I wasn't really able to find anything that I liked for what I thought was a reasonable cost. I ended up going more towards the original list -- I found that IPMI has no mechanism to read the temperatures of the cards and spin the fans up/down. I ended up setting...
  2. P

Trying to get a little more specific in hopes of garnering some feedback, what about something like this? Motherboard: Supermicro X10SRA-F-O CPU: E5-2620 v3 Case: Something along the lines of Rosewill RSV-L4000 The biggest question for me is still if the motherboard can get the temp of the K20...
  3. P

Greetings, I'm looking for a little help on putting together a server to host two Tesla K20 compute cards I recently obtained. I'm looking for case/motherboard/CPU suggestions. Cost is a priority, parts that can be found used/ebay are a big plus. What I had in mind: 4U case -- in my basement...
  4. P

FreeNAS roll back from Corral to 9.10?

Wow this is going to be a pain to roll back. I spent a considerable amount of time moving all my jails to docker containers, and have a centos VM installed that gets daily use.
  5. P

X10DRi-T4+ - Dual 2011-3 with Quad 10GBase-T - $350

I've been running a couple of E5-2683 v3 from ebay for the last 5 months. They had a few scratches and dents, but as far as I can tell they are OEM and have performed real well.
  6. P

Picking out first rack

Thanks for the response, I think you may have convinced me to go for a 42U. I'm in NJ and there are a few 42U that I'm seeing on craigslist.
  7. P

Picking out first rack

I think we are looking for around the same rack, somewhere around the 20U to 25U range and on casters. I've got a laundry/utilities room connected to my garage where I plan to house the rack, plenty of space there. I really like the Tripp Lite enclosed rack you linked, but the price is an issue...
  8. P

Picking out first rack

Thanks for the input, I'll keep looking around and see if I can find something a little sturdier.
  9. P

Picking out first rack

Greetings, This is my first post -- I'm hoping this is the right section. I would like some assistance picking out a server rack. I was looking at this one: 22U 4 Post Open Frame 19" Network Server Rack Cabinet Adjustable Depth 24"-37" | eBay Currently, I have a freenas server that I'm...