Recent content by PlannerOne

1. P

2.5GbE network not running as expected

I have two computers, both with the 2.5Gb NIC, going to the 2.5Gb switch. I also have my Asustor AS5304T, with it's 2.5Gb port, going to this switch. The NIC drivers only have a drop down list under jumbo frame. It is 9014. There is no 9000. The NAS MTU selection is even numbers, i.e. 9000. So...
  2. P

@prdtabim I apologize, I'm not clear on what you are asking me to do. You want me to ping one of the adapter IP from the other adapter IP? Such as ping 192.168.1.51 -f -l 1500? What response should I be looking for, or, what will this test tell me? @aero I completely agree, so something isn't...
  3. P

For both adapters, in the settings, the MTU drop down list is 9014. It does not give the options to enter a number, only select from a list, and 9000 is not in that list. The NAS with the 2.5Gb port (and the reason for the upgrade to 2.5Gb equipment) has MTU of 9000. I did not try any other...
  4. P

Well I have some additional data, but I can't make sense of it. Just to see if it made any difference, I turned on jumbo frames on both adapters (9014) and ran iperf. These test results are now exactly what is expected. I connected both computers back to the 2.5Gb switch and ran the test...
  5. P

It is a generic card based on Realtek RTL8125B chipset, running drivers version 10.60. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HGRK5XB?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details What do you need to know about the desktop? It's an Intel i7-8700k on an Asus Prime Z390-P, 16GB, Win 10 Pro. I got the USB NIC...
  6. P

I have iperf test results. AV was deactivated, as well as using the "-P 4" parameter. The results between the two adapters did not perform as they should. Any thoughts on how to proceed are appreciated.
  7. P

I will run more tests with the additional parameter, as well as deactivate AV software, and report results back. Thanks
  8. P

I have iperf test results after connecting the two computers directly to one another. The top results are with both adapters speed/duplex set to 2.5Gb, the bottom results are both adapters on auto negotiate.
  9. P

I will connect the two computers, each with a 2.5Gb NIC/adapter, and run iperf, per all the best practices mentioned above. I will try to get to this no later than this weekend and report results back. Thank you for all the responses so far.
  10. P

I did check to assure any network adapter was set to 2.5Gb speed full duplex, not auto negotiate. All indicators say link speed is at 2500 (Mb/s), what it is actually doing seems to be something different. I did stop using the NAS as the target device for speed testing. I saw no difference...
  11. P

Last night I eliminated the NAS from the mix. I have my laptop with 2.5Gb adapter going to 2.5GbE switch. I have my desktop with 2.5Gb network card going to 2.5Gb switch. Both laptop and desktop are running NVMe drives. This eliminates storage medium speed as a slowing factor. I copied a...
  12. P

Hi, I'm a new forum member. Probably like most forum members, I joined because I'm having an issue that I cannot figure out. I am a home user that set up a 2.5GbE network that isn't working correctly. I'll apologize in advance if this forum is geared more towards a business/IT setting with...