Recent content by phekno

1. P

OPNSense gateway blocking all traffic?

I GOT IT! OMG...I've been working on this for like 2 days, and I got it and now I feel dumb because it was kind of a dumb thing... IT WAS NAT! I had outbound NAT set to automatic, and the rules that it generated were basically to outbound NAT anything in the "OPT networks". Well...the OPT1...
  2. P

As requested... Traceroute from VLAN client (laptop on VLAN 1001, 10.100.1.0/24): Looks like it hits the VE interface (10.100.1.1) and then the OPNSense OPT1 interface (the transit interface 10.199.199.1), and then it's gone. I'd have to look and/or retry the experiment, but I'm GUESSING that...
  3. P

OK. I changed the transit interface to be a VE and assigned the VE an IP (same IP as before). Still same issues. Able to ping everything locally, and can ping the internet from the switch, but can't get any traffic back through the firewall and switch from the internet. I'm pretty sure this...
  4. P

Yeah, that's kinda what I'm thinking too, I guess? For another data point, I'm actually able to get DNS resolution and pings to/from the internet on the switch itself (i.e. using the switch's ping utility). I think that points at some routing, but I don't know what. I'm also able to see...
  5. P

Here's all the stuff you asked for. I did add an any/any outbound rule on OPT1, but that didn't seem to help. You should see that in the screenshot. Also, just to clarify, I am able to ping machines on other VLANs (e.g. something on VLAN1001 can ping something on VLAN1050), I'm able to ping...
  6. P

Just to be on the safe side, I defaulted OPNSense and "started over". Just defaulted, I got internet access from LAN -> WAN just fine. I then set up the gateway and routes for it. I set up the gateway/switch on the OPT1 interface, which has a static IP of 10.199.199.1 (the switch is...
  7. P

So, one thing that was also weird is/was that I was unable to check for firmware upgrades on the OPNSense machine. Every time, it would just timeout and fail. I did a bit more digging, and in the gateways configuration, noticed that the WAN wasn’t set to be the default gateway. Now, at least...
  8. P

So, based on a couple posts here, I've managed to configure my ICX-6610 to work with OPNSense...partially. The Brocade is configured as an L3 switch, with OPNSense as it's gateway, similar to this post (OP me), and this post. Switch is 10.100.1.9 (VLAN 1001, management VLAN), 10.199.199.2...
  9. P

Home network topology suggestions?

I had done some previous tinkering, trying to figure out how to "trunk" (in Cisco parlance) a port (i.e. pass more than 1 VLAN over it) and had managed to stumble my way through figuring out "dual-mode" and whatnot. Right now I have a similar set up for WiFi as far as VLANs are concerned (IoT...
  10. P

WHEW! It took me a good part of yesterday, and most of today, but I managed to get it mostly working. Found what I thought were a lot of circular dependencies with regard to OPNSense and trying to configure it's interfaces. I only have 2 RJ45 1-gig ports, and 2 SFP+ 10-gig ports. The idea...
  11. P

So, I did actually follow "the guide" and have my 6610 all upgraded, licensed, etc. Does anyone actually use the "management" interface? Or is that just kinda left alone? I mean...during the guide, it has you originally connect to it and the serial port, but then assign a static IP to port 1...
  12. P

This is incredibly helpful. Through my reading, I had managed to piece a lot of it together, but IMO sometimes it's easier to conceptualize when there's an actual code or config. As far as my VLANing is concerned, I already have (with my Ubiquiti setup): Management - VLAN1 - 10.100.1.1/24...
  13. P

The router hardware I've acquired is a Supermicro based board with an E5-1270v2 and 8GB RAM. I have a CenturyLink symmetric gigabit connection to the internet. The machine is a little low on RAM, but from a compute standpoint should be OK. Either way, I have a lot of learning to do.
  14. P

Yeah, I believe you replied to me in the Brocade mega-thread saying "don't use router-on-a-stick", which prompted this post. I have some research to do...
  15. P

My current setup, is one "server", around 30 IoT devices (e.g. switches, outlets, TVs, game consoles, etc.), 10-15 "trusted" devices (laptops, phones, tablets), and 4 cameras (all for 5 people). Right now, the various devices are all on their own, respective VLAN ("Main", IoT, Video), and I'm...