Recent content by PGlover

1. P

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

1G connection is providing what I need. No problem.
  2. P

64GB INNODISK SATADOM - $15

Any response?
  3. P

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

So what R7xx unit would you recommend for unleashed? I currently have the R720 running unleashed and it's a pain that you need 2.5G network connection to get the full benefit of the unit.
  4. P

64GB INNODISK SATADOM - $15

Will these work in a Dell PowerEdge server?
  5. P

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

How do I isolate my "ioT" devices from my home lan? I am running pfSense and have the ICX6610 switch as well. For wireless, I have a number of Ruckus R720 APs. I am trying to figure out the least complicated and most secure why of isolating my wired and wireless ioT devices using the network...
  6. P

Ruckus R610 Great deal 3x3 radio 802.11ac Wave 2 $99 each .

Did you guys receive them in the Ruckus original R610 box? Please advise.
  7. P

US $192 ($190 BO) Great deal on a Quanta D51B-2U 2u Chassis

PM me if you have any trays for sale..
  8. P

Received my unit today.. No drive trays for me... Trying to decide if I should order another unit to try my luck. If everyone has extra drive trays, please PM me. FYI... I did get the Quanta DAS2BTH7CB0 12Gps raid card and the rack rails. All the goodies except the drive caddies.
  9. P

Would you purchase another? I have a 3U and 4U SuperMicro currently. Thinking about replacing those with 2 of the Quanta D51B-2U. Good or bad move?
  10. P

How does the sound compare to Dell Poweredge servers (R620, R630, R720)?
  11. P

Will a E5-2600v2 CPU work in this unit?
  12. P

Are you using the free version of Starwind? I used Starwind 7 or 8 years ago..
  13. P

Ok.. So it looks like I don't need to have separate switches for Layer 2 and Layer 3. The ICX-6610 would be fine in a collapsed core/distro/access setup. What are you using in your compute and storage stack? Are you using a firewall like pfSense as well?
  14. P

Ok.. So I'm using the Brocade ICX-6610 in a stack configuration as a core/distro/access switch is fine in a home and small business setup. That is the setup I'm currently running today. Just wanted to conform to best practice based on the article.