Recent content by PGlover

1. P

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Are you using the free version of Starwind? I used Starwind 7 or 8 years ago..
  2. P

Ok.. So it looks like I don't need to have separate switches for Layer 2 and Layer 3. The ICX-6610 would be fine in a collapsed core/distro/access setup. What are you using in your compute and storage stack? Are you using a firewall like pfSense as well?
  3. P

Ok.. So I'm using the Brocade ICX-6610 in a stack configuration as a core/distro/access switch is fine in a home and small business setup. That is the setup I'm currently running today. Just wanted to conform to best practice based on the article.
  4. P

Hello All, I have been reading the STH article on "Building a Lab" which has generated some ideas on how to improve my Production environment at home. https://www.servethehome.com/building-a-lab-part-2-building-our-network/ As it relates to the networking portion of the article, it talks...
  5. P

[DEAD] Newegg $140 - Netgear - GS110MX-100NAS - Netgear GS110MX Ethernet Switch - 8 Ports

I just purchased the Netgear MX510TXPP multi-gig switch POE switch with a copper and fiber 10G port. Works well with the Ruckus R720 AP that requires 2.5G. Brought it from B&H Photo.
  6. P

[SOLVED] Help Needed - Brocade ICX 6450 + Ruckus R720

I see them now.. Thank you...
  7. P

[SOLVED] Help Needed - Brocade ICX 6450 + Ruckus R720

epicurean... Can you please repost the screenshots please.
  8. P

Layer 3 Switch w/ PFSense

Just trying to make sure I have the setup correct on my pfSense box. I was under the impression that you needed to create the Transit Vlan on the pfSense box as well (see below) In my setup, the Transit VLAN is created via 2 physical nics forming a LAGG interface. In my setup, WAN is...
  9. P

Just want to verify the pfSense steps. Can you please validate the pfSense steps below. - Create a Gateway on the Transit Vlan interface System -> Routing -> Gateways - Create Static Routes for each of the Subnets/Vlans created on the Layer 3 Switch. The static routes will be based on the...
  10. P

Great writeup... I have the Brocade ICX6610 Layer 3 switch. In your comment "You've created a VLAN on your layer 3 switch called TRANSIT, added a single port to it, enabled the virtual interface on it, and the IP is set to 192.168.2.2/xx" . Please verify the virtual interface command is...
  11. P

Brocade ICX-6450-48p $95+ shipping or less

I purchased 2 of the units. I requested the POE version and received 2 POE units. However, as you stated, the packaging of the units was unacceptable. The box was too small and very little bubble wrap. The rack ears were bent and some other damage as well. I contacted the seller and received...
  12. P

NetApp 4486 for ~$280 shipped

What is the model number of the 60 bay unit?
  13. P

So I have a 4U SuperMicro chassis running Windows Server 2012 and Storage Spaces and a 3U Supermicro chassis running FreeNAS. I just debating whether or not to consolidate and use of these NetApp shelves and connect directly to a Dell R420 Server running Windows Server 2019 and another Dell R420...
  14. P

Do I need a FAS controller (i.e. FAS8020) in order for the shelves to work? If yes how many and what model number?
  15. P

I know little about a NetApp Filer. How does the shelf/controller connect to the network? How would it connect to a VM Host? Is the connection 10G?