Recent content by oharag

1. O

GiGaPlus - 8* 2.5G Base-T Ports, 2* 10G SFP+ Ports. (USA?)

Man Amazon in USA sucks at times as well - products that get lost in shipping - trying to get a refund is a pain in the arse - and if you purchase a product and the price is adjusted that day they won't give you a price match. That is if you can even get a human being. Oh and the product...
  2. O

Too late you already crapped on the post. There is a chip from AMD called Threadripper. My nickname for you from here on out is "Threadcrapper" :)
  3. O

Can I ask why you would like to order from Aliexpress? I find that place a hot mess - poor search tools - plus hipping tkwa forever. I worry about getting incorrect items with poor product returns. Wouldn't it be better to order from Amazon or any other site?
  4. O

23% clipable coupon. Only one per purchase but you can purchase on different orders and discount still works. Someone turned me onto this switch: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CT2F3ZDM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 Supposedly good reviews. I'm a newbie but I bought two...
  5. O

UGREEN NASync

I'm a little disappointed to learn the QNTY 2 nvme slots in the new uGreen NAS is not both Gen4X4. Apparently one is Gen4X4 the other is Gen3x4. Watch this dude's video - apparently uGreen will allow for installing 3rd party OSs:
  6. O

Minisforum MS-01 / RTX A4000 SFF Benchmarking

@anewsome I would like to be your PC Supplier from here on out! WOW - you like to tinker - I guess that's why you are posting here on STH.
  7. O

I'm intrigued by the Oculink solutions also being tested and shown on the tubes. There is a discussion on STH as well. Run a beefy external graphics card outside of the MS-01 with its own power supply. I bought the MS-01 as a powerful Firewall/VPN server - but I'm intrigued to also run Windows...
  8. O

Minisforum MS-01 Review The 10GbE with PCIe Slot Mini PC

The Samsung 980 and 990 are one-sided as well. Though they cost a bit more. I have bought the SN850X in the past. It's a fast chip. I haven't been able to find a speed/thermal comparison between the 790 and 850 - and I'm sure the 850 beats the 790 by a bit. I read the same review you referenced...
  9. O

Cool to see you can shove the RTX A4000 into the MS-01. Do you mind me asking how you obtained the card - and what you spent? Looking online it's a $1500 card. I think the A2000 goes for around $850. I'm interested in Intel Arc cards and what they will produce for half-height systems. I'm an...
  10. O

Yes SN850X over the Lexar any day. But I wanted the integrated HS. If I try to find SN850X with HS I only see 2 TB. Here on this side of the pond SN850X 4TB without HS is $319. From a review I saw the NM790 performed pretty good so I jumped. Newegg (USA) has SN850X 2 TB for $139 - seems like a...
  11. O

I bought the Crucial 96GB (2X48) kit at Amazon for $298. I was hoping it would come down in price - buy I need to get my MS-01 up and running. I bought a 4TB Lexar w/ heat sink for $239. Having read this forum most would opt for U.2 SSD - but they are hard to find and all prices are through...
  12. O

Where did you buy the memory for reference? I want to also purchase this 96GB Crucial Kit. May I ask how much you paid?
  13. O

Help with SFP(+)

Crimney - how long did it take for Mobos to move to USB. Heck USB-C seems to be the norm - and yet I see a ton of mobs with USB-a connections. I remember Serial and Parallel ports still being on Mobos for a long time. My dream Mobo would have Wifi7 - USB4/TB4 and at least 2.5 Gbe at the most...
  14. O

Help with SFP(+)

So as you stated - the Asus does accept 2.5 Gbe. I do realize that most of my devices only accept 1 Gbe - but my goal is future proof my network for future expansion. I would rather buy up and do it once than have to add at a later date. So as for cost - I guess I can save some $$ going with...
  15. O

Me again - another hopeful simple question - just trying to learn

No awesome - thanks for the great info. I appreciate this from the STH members. I'm learning from you guys.