Recent content by Offspring

1. O

1U Supermicro Server 6x 10GBE RJ45 X10SLH-LN6TF LGA 1150 H3 X10SLH-N6-ST031

Just to close this out, it turns out the E3-1270v3 I had was bad, as the 1220v3 showed up and the original board works fine. Only thing I'm struggling with currently is that 2 of the 4 drive bays seem stuck on "hot spare" rather than being usable, and there's no option in the BIOS I can see...
  2. O

The sellers are sending me a brand new board, but I've also got an E3-1220v3 or something arriving at some point as well. So I basically have thrown good money after bad, but if I am able to ressurect the board with the 1220v3, then I'll just hold onto it as a backup in case something terrible...
  3. O

Supermicro X10SLH-LN6T limiting CPU functionality

I posted, though I doubt I'm going to get much if any luck out of this, unfortunately, because the board is from SoftLayer/IBM, and they work with NetApp who is notorious at locking things down if you're not in their ecosystem.
  4. O

I flashed the EzSolutions BIOS, but the system still only sees 1 core on the CPU. The folks who sold the system to me mentioned that the cores need to be unlocked in the header of the BIOS to work properly, and that I should look for the EzSolutions BIOS here, which I obviously did. Has anyone...
  5. O

Just installed the firmware, still only seeing 1 CPU core in the BIOS, and Ubuntu shows 1c/2t as well.
  6. O

3.2s. No, I didn't try that one though I'm about to.
  7. O

That's what i mean, I tried the IPMI option and it erroed out saying the firmware package was not compatible.
  8. O

I even tried the IPMI firmware update tool, but every firmware I've tried says that it's not compatible with the board.
  9. O

I might take you up on the offer if the board has all 4 cores unlocked and PCI passthrough works, as I just bought the chassis and board however I'm locked to 1 core/2 threads, and I cannot do any PCI passthrough with my 1270v3. Attempting to flash the BIOS using the Linux, DOS or IPMI firmware...
  10. O

I'm kind of stuck, because I have the BIOS that was located on these forums, but the flashing utility that the SuperMicro website offers is for the IPMI tool, and not the BIOS. I can't find the board on their website, either, so I can't try to download the proper package. Does anyone here happen...
  11. O

The board says that's enabled, so I don't know why that part isn't working. It seems, according to this post, the BIOS needs to be flashed again as the exact same board and behavior, but different CPU, is doing the exact same thing: [SOLVED] Quad Core Only Showing Single Core After Supermicro...
  12. O

I'm now looking for a screwdriver (again) to remove the heatsink, because in the BIOS it says there's just 1 CPU core so there's either bent pin(s) or missing resistors. Thanks for the suggestions.
  13. O

The motherboard was constantly rebooting and never getting past the UEFI screen if I was lucky. I had to move two of the jumpers to try and get the thing to properly boot, and after that it seems the company that sold me the system both changed the default IPMI username/password and they also...
  14. O

Hi all, I just picked up a X10SLH-LN6T and installed an E3-1270v3 in there. After much trial and tribulation, I finally got the thing booting up properly however I'm running into an issue that it seems like others have had, but I haven't found any obvious answer to. The problems are two-fold...
  15. O

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Yeah, the port was working at 10Gbit before I did the upgrade. At the time I got the switch, I only had 2 devices that supported 10Gbit so it was fine, but I wanted to unlock the full functionality, so I just did the upgrades.