Recent content by nutsnax

1. N

AMD EPYC 7V13 64 core 128 thread $699

Because I got an Asrock ROME2D16 with two of these ES CPU's running on it. The only problem is that they won't run my BM1-CRC5Q LRDIMM's but my MZ32-AR0 takes them just fine.
  2. N

that is insane...... I was going to unload my MZ32-AR0 but now I'm tempted to keep it and sell my 7532 because it actually works with these LRDIMM's
  3. N

It seems like Epyc is picky about RAM. Going forward I'm going to look to RDIMM's It's unfortunate, but hopefully the motherboard manufacturers can do something on their end.
  4. N

Wow that is so crazy, I've got a 7D12 on a H11SSW-NT that will take 64GB BM1-CRC5Q LRDIMM's loaded in both slots on all but one memory channel. I'd wondered if this was a sign of bad or failing memory channels but I dunno? Also my MZ32-AR0 with an Epyc 7532 both from Tugm takes these same...
  5. N

Have you seen any other instances like this? Where OEM CPU's aren't compatible with LRDIMM's?
  6. N

Well, it just doesn't work. I can make it post with maybe one or two LRDIMM's but the moment I try more it won't post. error code 16 I think? It's hard to see the post code. I switched to 2933 64GB RDIMMS and it works fine. Really weird.
  7. N

DX010 100gb switch $315 or BO

This whole subject really confuses me.... Between all of the licensing, bugs, vulnerabilities, the noise of these types of switches and my own general confusion about what is a good 40Gbe+ switch, I'm probably just going to end up building an x86 switch with 40 gig cards in it and upgrade to...
  8. N

I just got two of these running on an Asrock ROME2D16 motherboard. This combination does *****NOT***** like DDR4 2400 LRDIMMs at all.
  9. N

[WTB]: Riotoro CR1080 case

no 5.25 bay in the chieftec :( I wanted the 5.25 specifically for my 8x SATA drive mobile rack.
  10. N

[WTB]: Riotoro CR1080 case

Looking for a Riotoro CR1080 I can pay via paypal.
  11. N

All of this is my opinion of course.... begin rant: You'll notice that many of these QS/ES chips have scuffs, scratches, missing caps etc. That's because they're mostly slammed into a dumpster at some point. Are there proper disposal clauses written into those end user agreements with the...
  12. N

EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

I would order one of these things but it keeps saying they don't ship to my location in the US. Has anyone from the US actually gotten one of these?
  13. N

GPU recommendation for mass text processing, summarizing and data analysis, serving API requests etc

Thanks that was helpful. I didn't even think about aliexpress. If this MI60 doesn't work out I'll look to get a 2080ti. The MI60 looks to still be GCN so I hope it's still a viable card. Totally agree on competition, it seems like NVIDIA absolutely owns the AI space which is disappointing.
  14. N

GPU recommendation for mass text processing, summarizing and data analysis, serving API requests etc

I'd rather not get a card that has been mined on, so it's likely that whatever inexpensive and used 3090 that I find would be used.... and still expensive :( New ones are super expensive it seems. I'll see what I can do with this MI60. 32GB HBM2 on a glorified vega will probably do what I need...