Recent content by novegg4

1. N

DL180 G6 (Serverworks Edition ILO2!) $25 motherboard

Confirmed: all "on"
  2. N

All ECC REG. However, I am recalling that I tried plain regular desktop DDR3 non-ECC (I believe G.Skill 2x8GB 1600) and it did work for sure - just with warning message during POST. Try to check the jumpers "SYS ID" (bottom of the board) - mine all open.
  3. N

Regarding the CPU and RAM: I've been using X5670 and variety of Kingston, Hynix and Samsung DDR3 (1, 2, 4 and 8GB) and all did work. Have you tested the CPU in another board? Any chances to try the board with another Xeon?
  4. N

Open Compute WindMill v2 Motherboard

According to the specs those are not compatible (at least the 3D models do not match):
  5. N

I've been told it will be shipped on after June 27th. In the meantime working out an alternative variant :)
  6. N

You are welcome. Are you going to build a modded true 19" case for those?
  7. N

The metal tray is: 174.5 mm x 522.5 mm Regarding +5V output: you were right, there are several pads in the left/right area - #32 and couple below.
  8. N

As for me, I have only one board mounted on the metal tray - see this ebay listing for details: QUANTA DA0F03MBCD0 REV D DUAL FCLGA2011 SYSTEMBOARD FOR INTEL XEON E5 SERIES Please let me know what particular dimensions you are looking for. By the way, I've just got my HP power supplies -...
  9. N

Good to know, thank you. I'll check it out as soon as ones arrive in the mail.
  10. N

Thank you, requested some samples through the link provided.
  11. N

I have wired power through PCI-E connectors on my Corsair HX750 while having the main motherboard cable just shortened because I plan to use this HP PSU eventually: HP Proliant DL380 G6 G7 ML370 G6 750W Power Supply 511778-001 506821-001 Still have to figure out how to get +5V off that one...
  12. N

However, using non-standardized power most likely eliminates some quite necessary features - for instance Wake On LAN.
  13. N

S U C C E S S :cool: As soon as I took MP off the loop and connected ATX PSU directly, it went through... at least booted into Win7 64 Summary: P1/P2 => +12.5V P3/P4 => Ground B4 => +5V :) All credit goes to s2600gl - knowledge is power!
  14. N

Have tried that - no go. Did some measurements (disconnected boards) MP connector - between D1 and D2 is 10KOhm, MB connector - between D1 and D2 is 1 Ohm however it might be meaningless to measure pins :confused:
  15. N

Nope, tried all combinations: Constant: P1/P2 => +12.5V; P3/P4 => GND all from midplane Variant 1. B4=>Midplane (D1/D2 disconnected) .............. none Variant 2. D1/D2=> Midplane (B4 disconnected) ............... none Variant 3. B4=>5V ATX and D1/D2=> Midplane ......... success So only two...