Recent content by Northern

1. N

Intel e5-2696 v2 CPU for $125 FS or cheaper

Does anyone know if this will work in a Dell r720? It's not on the officially supported list....
  2. N

hgst 8tb HUH728080AL4200 4KN $89

Good deal but not compelling given my current need for storage. Buying storage for future use is a somewhat risky investment (a good deal today could be a bad deal 6 months from now) 48 sold in the last 24 hours... but still 20 remaining... I think they have a lot more 20.... I will wishfully...
  3. N

SuperMicro X9DRH-IF Rev 1.02 under $90!

I am glad to here it works with those new cpus from the post AMD / Intel merger... and I quote directly from the ebay listing: "the mainboard works with certain Intel CPUs such as Phenom II X3, Athlon II X2, Phenom II X2, Athlon II X4, Athlon II X3, Phenom II X4, Phenom II X6, Sempron" Now to...
  4. N

SanDisk 8TB SAS SSD $499 OBO

Is there any consensus (or opinion) from folks here if this thing will work with a "regular LSI " SAS controller and cable. Granting of course the physical Frankenstein mounting that will be required...
  5. N

Fusion-io ioDrive II - 1.2TB+ drives , 0.09 or 0.08/GB

They are down to 216 left. That works out to around 100 per month they are selling. I guess that does not bode well for more drops...
  6. N

Why HP Sucks.... & how you can make my week better

Is this what you are looking for: Drivers & Software - HPE Support Center. Can you just download it?
  7. N

Best Buy WD 10TB w Flash Drive $169.99, now $159.99

Agreed, these enclosed drives get way to out for a complete media burn in. Any hard drive in an enclosure that I "burn in" I always have a fan blowing on it to keep them cool... errr make them cooler.. errr make them not so hot...
  8. N

Uggg...!!! That's not what I wanted to here.... Well they are down to "only" 294 left... I guess they have sold about 15% of what they have made available... Lets get serious about solidarity!! Only accept offers of $110 or less!! LOL
  9. N

Better hurry, only 358 left... Ok, what I really mean is lets all hold off buying and wait for prices to drop further..
  10. N

They have a few.... There are 384 items available. Please enter a number less than or equal to 384. I suspect they may get more flexible on pricing..
  11. N

Canada YMMV Get a $20 Coupon for Shopping between Black Friday and Cyber Monday (targeted)

YMMV Get a $20 Coupon for Shopping between Black Friday and Cyber Monday (targeted) Deal Link: Sign in or Register | eBay Expiry: November 26, 2018 Retailer: eBay.ca More offers from eBay.ca Just got this in email: Who's eligible for the coupon? This Promotion is available to users who...
  12. N

e5-2695 v2 for $120-150 or less

Yep, that is crazy... not sure if it is good (market prices will keep pushing down) or bad (will be receiving a box of crap)... In case anyone else want to take a chance here is the link: Intel Xeon E5-2695v2 2.4GHz 30MB 8GT/s SR1BA LGA2011 [ | eBay
  13. N

e5-2695 v2 for $120-150 or less

I ordered late, Nov 9, and have tracking but it's not expected to arrive until Nov 17 I purchased from ccs_service and they seem to have sold 200 and still show having 100 for sale at $119.99 or BO so likely they will still accept $100...
  14. N

Supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F for $130+shipping

Now only $89.99 !!! ... but without Heatsink / Fan combo ... :-( Super Micro X9DRD-7LN4F 2x Xeon CPU Motherboard I/O SHIELD | eBay