Recent content by Nitefox18

1. N

eBay find - NEW Dell 720XD 12xLFF 24TB $380+shipping - 2 left!

It is a different bios so you will need to reflash everything but it wasn’t too bad. There is a reddit that you can follow. Reddit - homelab - NEW: How to fully convert Google R720XDs to Dell R720XD
  2. N

eBay find - NEW Dell 720XD 12xLFF 24TB $380+shipping - 2 left!

I bought one of these a couple weeks ago. Super good deal and everything brand new!
  3. N

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I ended up pulling out the switch from my rack and moving power supply 1 into to slot 2 and power supply 2 into slot 1. Ran great while out of the rack and nothing connected, but once I put it in the rack and plugged in both power supplies along with all of my network cables, every 5 minutes or...
  4. N

I totally get that these things run hot, the weird thing to me is how the temp increases when I plug in the power supply 1 and only leave power supply 2 plugged in. I keep running show chassis and you can literally see it creeping up quickly until the fans kick on full blast and cool it down to...
  5. N

Both power supply have the same airflow direction.
  6. N

It seems to heat up faster when the second power supply is plugged in. I just have it unplugged and I have not tried to pull out the power supply as you have suggested. I will see what that does when I get the chance.
  7. N

I did a bit more troubleshooting and found that if I have both power supplies plugged in the temp goes up. If I unplug the "whiny" one the temp goes down. Could I have a bad power supply?
  8. N

I wiped the config and started over and now all ports are working. Only issue I am running into now is the CPU temp is at 74.5 so the fans keep revving up every s often. I am assuming 74.5 is pretty high for the CPU? The stack unit 1 chassis info: Power supply 1 (AC - PoE) present, status ok...
  9. N

OK I did some additional testing and it looks like the ports 1/1/1 to 1/1/3 are working as when I plug them into a PC, it connects, but shows as unidentified network instead of my domain name. Also shows as down in the show interface brief even though the computer does see a network plug...
  10. N

So I got my ICX 6610 switch and followed the directions and everything is up and running except for a couple issues. 1. The first 2 ports are not working at all. I plug in a network cable and the lights come on, but no connection to my router nor other devices. 2. I can't seem to get my...