Recent content by Nero24

1. N

AEON gone crazy!

70K? It's at 70M!!! Yes, Aeon made a big mistake not forking at April 10th as planned. Now they have the same problem as Electroneum (ETN). All the guys out there, who bought a ****ing expensive ASIC miner, need a new target after Monero and several other Cryptonight coins forked to get rid of...
  2. N

Interesting Windows only cryptonight miner that mines fast on non AES cpu's.

I've tested the JCE-miner since version 0.10 or so and gave a lot of feedback. The miner is really great even in this early stage under certain circumstances: - it is way faster on non-AES-CPUs than any other miner I've tested - it supports dual-mining. That is a feature for non-AES-CPUs, which...
  3. N

Zen+ at Cryptonight mining

Hi, in case anybody still interested in CPU mining ;) There is a short test of the brand new AMD Zen+ with Pinnacle Ridge core mining Monero, SumoKoin and TurtleCoin: AMD Summit Ridge vs. Pinnacle Ridge beim Monero-Mining | Planet 3DNow! Pinnacle Ridge got massive improvements in cache latency...
  4. N

STH AEON xmrig 1MB L3 cache Docker miner testing

AV1 and 32 threads for max performance or AV2 and 16 threads for max efficiency :) It's not much slower but reduces power consumption significantly :D
  5. N

Try parameter av1 as described on page 1.
  6. N

It depends on the miner's config. The regular scratchpad size for Aeon is 1 MB per thread. Since Threadripper has 32 MB L3 cache and 16 cores plus SMT, you can run 32 threads and use the whole L3 cache and all compute ressources. But if the miner uses double hash, the scratchpad size is 2 MB...
  7. N

First test for the Sumo fork.

Strange. According to this... http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Xeon/Intel-Xeon E5-2680 v2.html ...E5-2680 v2 should have 10 cores with HTT :confused: Ok, thread configuration for both nodes should be correct then, since Linux numbers the cores quite different to Windows. o_O Strange nonetheless...
  8. N

You are using too much threads! The E5-2680 v2 has 25 MB L3 cache. Sumo uses 4 MB per thread. So you should use 6 threads per CPU, the even cores or the odd. For one CPU: "cpu_threads_conf" : [ { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 0 }, { "low_power_mode" ...
  9. N

The scratchpad size of the new Sumokoin Algo is 4 MB instead of 2 MB. So CPUs with big caches have an advantage, because they can use more threads still. AMD Ryzen 7 for example used 8 threads with the old algo to fill its 16 MB L3 cache. Now with the new algo it's down to 4 threads. So 50...
  10. N

New moneropool Docker Images

There is an urgent update-version of xmrig: v2.5.2 #448 Fixed broken reconnect.
  11. N

There is another CPU affected by this circumstance; former AMD architectures like Kaveri, Piledriver or Bulldozer have 2 MB L2 per module. So they were perfect for Monero. But the successors Carrizo and Bristol Ridge only have 1 MB L2 per module. Unable to use this CPU for Monero mining! But...
  12. N

STH Aeon Mining Pool Beta Access

There are a few CPUs out there, which are impractical for Monero due to several circumstances, but can be used for Aeon. I'll pick two examples. 1.) AMD Jaguar/Puma based APUs, e.g. Kabini, Beema, Carrizo-L. These APUs have 4 cores and support for AES, so would be usable for cryptonight coins...
  13. N

STH Aeon Mining Pool Beta Access

Patrick, is STH's Aeon pool based on nodejs-pool & poolui meanwhile or still a cryptonote-universal-pool ? I'd like to mine in your pool, as well, but don't want to abdicate the rig list. :rolleyes:
  14. N

Tried a very new coin to mine for the fun.

May be I have an eye disease, but have you written anywhere what's the name of that coin? :confused:
  15. N

Aeon mining thoughts.

Snipa already has: GitHub - Snipa22/nodejs-pool