Recent content by NerdAshes

1. N

Need help with storage options on ASUS Pro WS W680M-ACE SE (For NAS Build)

I have 128GB of RAM on the way. The backup data will be both sequential and file based (revisions of device files/vhd/etc.). And yes hopefully 100% incoming writes - in a perfect world (except reading for backup testing). Admittedly my ZFS knowledge is low... but the SLOG should speed up the...
  2. N

I thought the same. I'd use slots for the caching otherwise. It's just to speed up network transfers (writes). Well I *think* I'm going to use ProxmoxVE, but I may use TrueNAS scale? I thought about Incus too.. It'll be Proxmox, 90% sure... ZFS 2-wide Mirror vdevs It's mostly a backup...
  3. N

So I bought a W680M-ACE to go in a Silverstone CS381 case. For the CPU I chose a Intel Core i7-12700K. W680M-ACE Connectivity Specs: Total support for 2 x M.2 slots PCIe 4.0 x4 and 8 x SATA 6Gb/s ports. Intel Processors 1 PCIe 5.0 x16 slot M.2 slot 2280 PCIe 4.0 x4 Intel W680 Chipset 1...
  4. N

Minisforum MS-01 PCIe Card and RAM Compatibility Thread

96GB over slightly faster 64GB ALLLLLLLL DAY!
  5. N

Minisforum MS-01 ProxmoxVE Clusters

I'd be up in that with a grinder lol ... but you're right, Ceph will probably saturate your network without adding more speed to the drives.
  6. N

Looks like there is a 110 mount hole right beyond the 80... ? I guess someone said that the 80mm post is not removable in that slot - that seems odd to me. Why have the 110 post just after it then? I wonder it they just didn't grab on with some strong pliers, to remove the 80 mount that is in...
  7. N

If you're using the Kingston as the ProxmoxVE OS drive and the Samsung PM983As as Ceph VM drives - I think you should swap them (with the Kingston to the PM983A's slot next to the WiFi card). Unless you're RAID installed OS on the PM983As? If so, not sure I'd trust that Kingston to be a solid...
  8. N

You can also use the USB4 ports with Thunderbolt-Net for the (Meshed) Ceph network. That gets you up near 12gps. There are some good write-ups on Github and the Proxmox forums for it. I did it on my last mini-PC cluster and it was okay... the latency was not where I wanted it ...so here I am...
  9. N

Nope, no issues with mine. I did boot each MS-01 into Windows and update everything before, I reformatted and installed Proxmox and the U.2 drives, NIC and Coral TPU. Just make sure you're okay with the form-factor and basic limitations of it before you buy three of them. I mentioned in my...
  10. N

I based mine off of what PVE suggested for each network. They expressed that latency was a bigger issue than speed for the Corosync (uses very little speed, but very latency sensitive). They mentioned Ceph private and public should be on their own separate networks. Private Ceph should be...
  11. N

I've not noticed any bugs or have any issues with the MS-01 as a PVE node. Sure? If they fit where you want them to fit and they have the specifications that meet your needs. Only you know what your needs are, so unless you tell us more, that's all I can say! Not really any heat issues -...
  12. N

Minisforum MS-01 PCIe Card and RAM Compatibility Thread

My reply - since it seems like it's going to start its own discussion. :)
  13. N

I added a dual port NIC and separated most the traffic onto its own switch. vPro 2.5g port for MGMT traffic, to a management only switch, up-linked to router. Other 2.5g port for Corosync traffic, to it's own stand-alone switch. First 10g for Public VM traffic, direct to main LAN network switch...
  14. N

Starting this thread to talk about the popular MS-01 as a Proxmox Virtual Environment node, in a clustered environment. Some questions I have: What are the things to look out for? Should we install other software along with Proxmox on the nodes? Is your solution successful? What unique are...