Recent content by Necrotyr

1. Necrotyr

EU [WTB] brocade icx6450-24 or 24p

I have both a poe and non-poe I'm not using anymore.
  2. Necrotyr

Mikrotik S+rj10 issues

Iirc it started after a specific firmware version, but you'd have to look at the mega thread to make sure.
  3. Necrotyr

Mikrotik S+rj10 issues

From the looks of it, it's only an issue with the 7250, but don't quote me on that. I have an 7150-c13p, but it's not located where I have other 10G equipment I can test with.
  4. Necrotyr

Mikrotik S+rj10 issues

If you search for S+RJ10 or mikrotik you should get a couple of hits on the first few search pages. I had the same issue, upgraded my 6450 to a 7250, had to replace the transceiver, FS.com transceivers works perfect, probably because they aren't Nbase.
  5. Necrotyr

Mikrotik S+rj10 issues

This is a known issue, it has been written about in the huge brocade thread multiple times, only fix is to replace either the transceiver or the switch (the 6450 doesn't have this issue eg.).
  6. Necrotyr

Anyone tried the Emulex OneConnect 14000 series?

If have the rNDC cards (I guess you could call th mezzanine), but you'd be looking for the U variants.
  7. Necrotyr

Anyone tried the Emulex OneConnect 14000 series?

The N variant cards are NICs and the U variant cards are CNAs (meaning hardware offloading of FCoE and iSCSI). I've no experience with Lenovo cards, but my Dell rNDC cards work fine with esxi. One thing to note is that you can't use RDMA and CNA at the same time, as you have to enable NPAR to...
  8. Necrotyr

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

If you're running 8.0.30 you need to configure dual-mode on E1/1/1. http://docs.ruckuswireless.com/fastiron/08.0.60/fastiron-08060-l2guide/GUID-77B587E9-90F4-4DE7-92EA-BEBD594D184F.html
  9. Necrotyr

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Most likely windows firewall (assuming your clients are Windows).
  10. Necrotyr

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

The eeprom dumps only read the content, they don't modify anything.
  11. Necrotyr

Step 1.4 is not necessary unless you need to run LR4 optics, but the rest seem fine, I don't personally use the rc.local script, as my switch is not located a place noise matters.
  12. Necrotyr

It would probably be smart to combine all the tips, tricks and quirks in a single post, instead of spread over 1100-ish posts.
  13. Necrotyr

SBS - is it available for purchase for home network ?

You could in principle take an ordinary Windows Server license and install all of the SBS roles on the same machine, bear in mind it's in no way a supported or smart setup. You'll get absolutely no help from Microsoft, should you need it.
  14. Necrotyr

The idea behind the Essentials server is to have it working in tandem with m365.
  15. Necrotyr

There is the Essentials license, but it depends on what you need from the server, if you're looking for exchange, then no, if you're just after AD and filesharing then yes.