Recent content by ncaahockeyfan

1. N

Older Tyan Motherboard Ivy Bridge Bios Flash

Hey radiobrain. You have any luck with this? I have an S5512WGM2NR running BIOS V1.05a and want to upgrade to an Ivy Bridge CPU but first need BIOS V2.02 - which also seems to require this extra file from Intel? Appreciate any insights you have. Thanks
  2. N

WHS 2011 - Setting up and connecting to an ftp server

Got it figured out. however, I can only log into the ftp with my admin account. i had added an additional user and set the user password, but still can't connect with that account.
  3. N

WHS 2011 - Setting up and connecting to an ftp server

I am pretty sure I successfully setup an ftp server on my WHS 2011 box (I am a total novist). However, I can't figure out how to connect to it. My current plan is to dump video from my security cams via ftp. Everything is behind the same Uifi gateway, so I don't think I need to forward any...
  4. N

Help selecting new LSI raid controller

Thanks for the timely response! I have eight matching 2tb drives in RAID6. I previously had two random drives installed to try some things with, but they have since been removed. I also run a pair of Intel 120bg SSD in RAID1 for my WHS2011, but they are controlled by the motherboard's...
  5. N

Help selecting new LSI raid controller

I have been running an SAS 84016E for twelve years with ten 2tb drives. The controller is connected to 16 ICY DOCK bays and servers run a TYAN S5512WGM2NR motherboard. With all the "free" cloud based storage, I have not really had much need to upgrade - and it's not really worth adding...
  6. N

LSI RAID Controller and HBA Complete Listing Plus OEM Models

Hello. First, I apologize if this is not the appropriate place to post this question. I have been running an SAS 84016E for twelve years with ten 2tb drives. The controller is connected to 16 ICY DOCK bays and servers run a TYAN S5512WGM2NR motherboard. With all the "free" cloud based...