Recent content by natkin

1. N

napp-it hardware

I notice though that the page I linked above has a footer, "napp-it 20.12.2018", while the PDF has a footer, "2018-Apr-30."
  2. N

napp-it hardware

Hello, Please may I ask if you have any updated SOHO server recommendation for napp-it // webbased ZFS NAS/SAN appliance for OmniOS, OpenIndiana and Solaris : Manual? The X10SL7-F is "Discontinued SKU (EOL)." Thank you.
  3. N

napp-it Snapshots creation+- sorting is backward

In napp-it on the Snapshots page, name+ is ordered ascending and vice versa for name-; but creation- is ordered ascending by creation time. Seems backwards.
  4. N

Pushover alerts are truncated

May I recommend to also grep lines like the following for the alert: action: Wait for the resilver to complete. scan: resilver in progress since Mon Mar 19 20:23:26 2018 1.30T scanned out of 10.7T at 62.7M/s, 43h42m to go 263G resilvered, 12.17% done (edited: added "action:" line above)
  5. N

I removed the extra LFs in the loop except for a single one for /errors: /.
  6. N

Thank you, Gea! It works, though there are superfluous LFs between lines.
  7. N

Pushover alerts are limited to 1024 characters (Pushover: API), but napp-it just sends the pools status as-is. If the degraded pool is not within the first 1024 characters, the alert does not contain anything meaningful. I wonder if it's possible to filter out pools that are ONLINE.
  8. N

napp-it Pools status skewed with colored words

I notice that the regular font used for napp-it Pools status is fixed-width, but for colored words it is proportional which skews the tables. Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 23.27.52.png
  9. N

Bonjour (mDNS) stopped working after updating OmniOS

I'm sorry, but dns-sd is quite strict about what command-line arguments it needs. Please see the source, Cross Reference: /illumos-gate/usr/src/cmd/cmd-inet/usr.bin/dns-sd/dns-sd.c. The following is an example using normal arguments: # dns-sd -R "hostname" _device-info._tcp. local 445...
  10. N

Bonjour (mDNS) stopped working after updating OmniOS

dns-sd(1M) disagrees with your proposal. The documented syntax for registration is: dns-sd [-R name type domain port [key=value ...]] ... Additional attributes of the service may optionally be described by key/value pairs, which are stored in the advertised service's DNS TXT...
  11. N

napp-it, sol-11_3-text-x86.iso, Tty.so

I learned that napp-it only executes the Solaris 11 fix-up of IO/Tty upon a (new) login for the admin user. Sometimes, though, the About > Update page ends after showing "Restart napp-it services now" without showing any further at-job output and without having the browser refresh the page...
  12. N

napp-it, sol-11_3-text-x86.iso, Tty.so

Hello, I have a fresh installation of Solaris 11.3 x86 and then napp-it via wget -O - https:// www.napp-it.org/nappit. "Pools" is not working because of the following error: Can't load '/var/web-gui/data/napp-it/CGI/auto/IO/Tty/Tty.so' for module IO::Tty: ld.so.1: perl: fatal: relocation...
  13. N

Cant Access AFP shares

One thing possibly to confirm—you tested afp:// access and directory and file creation in Finder using the same account as used by Time Machine? I.e., the same account/password as stored in Keychain Access for Kind "Time Machine Password" and for Name (e.g.,) "<hostname>._afpovertcp._tcp.local."?
  14. N

CIFS Illumos Kernel Server and Permissions on Windows

The article "Joining SmartOS to an Active Directory domain", Joining SmartOS to an Active Directory domain - SmartOS Documentation - SmartOS Wiki, reads that "only the [Global Zone] can be joined to a domain." (I'm not sure if that might be out of date, seeing as you were seemingly able to join...
  15. N

Cant Access AFP shares

I recommend you also add the following to your [TimeMachine] configuration: vol dbpath = /LRS/TimeMachine That way, netatalk will store the .AppleDB metadata in the same path along with the Time Machine sparsebundles. You should then set up zfs-snapshot jobs on your /LRS/TimeMachine dataset...