napp-it, sol-11_3-text-x86.iso, Tty.so

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

natkin

Jul 14, 2016
Hello,

I have a fresh installation of Solaris 11.3 x86 and then napp-it via wget -O - https:// www.napp-it.org/nappit.

"Pools" is not working because of the following error:

Can't load '/var/web-gui/data/napp-it/CGI/auto/IO/Tty/Tty.so' for module IO::Tty: ld.so.1: perl: fatal: relocation error: file /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/CGI/auto/IO/Tty/Tty.so: symbol PL_thr_key: referenced symbol not found at /usr/perl5/5.12/lib/i86pc-solaris-64int/DynaLoader.pm line 200. at /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/CGI/IO/Tty.pm line 30 Compilation failed in require at /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/CGI/IO/Pty.pm line 7. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/CGI/IO/Pty.pm line 7. Compilation failed in require at /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/CGI/Expect.pm line 22. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/CGI/Expect.pm line 22. Compilation failed in require at /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/zfsos/_lib/illumos/zfslib.pl line 2841. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/zfsos/_lib/illumos/zfslib.pl line 2841. Compilation failed in require at admin.pl line 437.

I don't find any troubleshooting notes at napp-it // webbased ZFS NAS/SAN appliance for OmniOS, OpenIndiana, Solaris and Linux : Solaris . Please can you help?

Thank you.

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE

natkin

Jul 14, 2016
I learned that napp-it only executes the Solaris 11 fix-up of IO/Tty upon a (new) login for the admin user. Sometimes, though, the About > Update page ends after showing "Restart napp-it services now" without showing any further at-job output and without having the browser refresh the page.

I'll remember to be sure to logout/login when it doesn't happen automatically.

ioiioi

Mar 18, 2016
just curious, any different of napp-it's feature when companion with solaris 11.3 or omnios?

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
For a NAS the two main advantages of Solaris are

- encryption as a filesystem property (supported by napp-it)
- faster sequential resilvering (no extra menu needed)

ioiioi

Mar 18, 2016
@gea
1. if i installed solaris 11.3 for private usage, and not going to buy license, may i insall package from oracle's repo?
2. i found the documents for omnios are rare, and i can't get enough help from omnios's mail list, although you give me some real help. I would if solaris is better than omnios on documents and community?

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
You can install packages on Solaris but the repo is not updated: no bugfixes without a subscription
There is nearly no community with Solaris, mainly enterprise users - most switched to Illumos (OI, OmniOS, SmartOS)

about documentation of Illumos
As Illumos is more or less a fork of Solaris 11 Express; these manuals are perfect.
You can use Google to find them or check
napp-it // webbased ZFS NAS/SAN appliance for OmniOS, OpenIndiana, Solaris and Linux : Manual