Recent content by mrlonely

1. M

New to servers need a bit of guidance

Im not that worried about that, i dont expect users to upload videos 24/24, if that becomes a issue i can just add another PC to run the RQ worker there, i just want the videos to run well for all users across the globe, what CPU would you recommend? and i was thinking SSDs like you said, any...
  2. M

The web application is kinda like YouTube, as of now videos are encoded on the same PC that is hosting the site, the site is allowing users to upload their own videos, and view other users videos, and viewers are from all around the world, and yes it is offline transcoding if that is what you...
  3. M

Why running all the video data through Django would be expensive? it requires more processing power?
  4. M

The Django application does the video encoding with RQ workers, and yes the Django server hosts the video files
  5. M

BUT it is possible? I know how to build PCs but i dont really now how to build a server, I was thinking maybe a Xeon E-2224, 16Gb ram, but i dont know what to use HHDs or SSDs? the videos will average between 100mb - 400mb. I dont want the videos buffering or have trouble loading, i couldn't...
  6. M

Lets say you have a video hosting web application (Django), and want to host your own videos with a fixed bitrate of 650000 and 720p, and you have like 500 users watching, want kinda serve would i need to buy, im a bit new to servers and stuff like that, im a web developer, if you could point me...