Recent content by mobycl1ck

1. mobycl1ck

confusion about implementing quota

Solve it, after reading the manual in detail. It was there all along, just wish it was a bit more clear written.
  2. mobycl1ck

a little update i managed to solve the error, it was my fault for not correctly set up a NFS share in the fstab. now the quota is enabled, but a new error/details emerged. sudo quotacheck -ugm /data sudo modprobe quota_v1 -S 5.15.0-89-generic sudo modprobe quota_v2 -S 5.15.0-89-generic sudo...
  3. mobycl1ck

What backup software for backing up physical Linux servers?

A little update. Implemented Veeam Backup and Synology ABB, as licences are already paid and those services weren't used. Now, I managed t implement a Bacula Server to have aditional, redundant reular backups. Now, after reading your responses, I realize how advanced your solutions are and how...
  4. mobycl1ck

went on and added the usrquota y grpquota to /data mounted and remounted the /data checked with cat /proc/mounts ' /data ' it says quota, usrquota, grpquota. this is normal behaviour. now, when i try to activate the quota with quotacheck -cug /data it gives this error quotacheck:Cannot statfs()...
  5. mobycl1ck

Hello, I am a bit confused about some settings about quota in a Linux server.Escuse my noobishness. In all tutorials or documentation, there is a /home in the /etc/fstab and the usrquota and grpquota is added to the mounting point options and then the quota is enabled. Now, in my case i have a...
  6. mobycl1ck

Supply chain vulnerability in SSH

If I get a lower version of xz from docker exec xz -V i'm good?
  7. mobycl1ck

Supply chain vulnerability in SSH

Question: Does a Docker image uses the system wide xz libs, or pulls a possible vulnerable version?
  8. mobycl1ck

Server without obvious backup solution?

UPDATE Tried to replicate de server in virtual environment, and IRL. Installed Ubuntu , during installation i created a software RAID with two disks. Everything went as it should. Installed Synology ABB and backed up the server. Booted the server with another live Linux and deleted the table...
  9. mobycl1ck

I am doing this wrong? Firewall hardware choice

Touched the NIC's heatsink, it's warm, but not hot. I am wondering if i could monitor its temperature from Opnsense wep panel, a script or something like Zabbix. Any suggestion?
  10. mobycl1ck

I am doing this wrong? Firewall hardware choice

Hello STH! Had a failure on my HP T620 Plus who ran pFsense. Ran, until a power brownout bricked the M-Sata SSd and the system refused to recover. To cut the story short, went ahead and installed Opnsense on a Lenovo M720q on which installed the Intel i340 T4 from the HP T620 Plus. Now, the...
  11. mobycl1ck

What backup software for backing up physical Linux servers?

As the title says, I am interested to learn what solutions do you guys use, being that in homelab or enterprise environment. For the moment, I am using Synology ABB on a test server and it is able to run a scheduled backup with its agent, and recovered the backup succesfully. Yet, I have some...
  12. mobycl1ck

AWS backup solution suggestion

Guys, I need some guidance. Tried Bacula, it's a cumbersome server to install, configure and a lot of issues relted to binaries, diferent versions, in short, I am stuck. Some searches pointed to Amanda, but ony CLI anf GUI reserved for Enterprise Edition. Not feasible. What backup solution do...
  13. mobycl1ck

So I just bought a DeskMini X300

I am aware of that. Nevetheless, I am willing to try, and see if I could make it work. The X300 goes as low as idling at 10W , while having 6C 12T and plenty of processing power available. Electricity went insanely high, so X300 ticks all the boxes.
  14. mobycl1ck

So I just bought a DeskMini X300

Have the same X300 with a Ryzen 5 4650G PRO and I am trying to get ECC to work on the machine. My purpose is different than yours, for me it would be a nifty, low power server, yet able to run multiple services, Docker containers and LXC.
  15. mobycl1ck

ESXi+Ubuntu VLAN confusion

Network guy came today at the office and the situation was cleared out in the most simple and "stupid"way. The VSphere has all the VLAN configuration, there is no need to set up that in a guest VM. Just the IP , gateway and DNS. Next time, I'll make sure to ask twice, to avoid any other errors.