Recent content by mmmmmdonuts

1. M

Teracopy undo delete

So using recovery software how does it work? It just looks for recently deleted files? Or do I have to direct it what to look for? Unfortunately I tested it first and have used it many times in the past without this issue. I don't know if it's because of the size of the copy that this...
  2. M

Teracopy undo delete

Bump...does anyone have any thoughts?
  3. M

Teracopy undo delete

I have an old server running that I recently migrated over to TrueNas successfully after running into major Esxi issues. Once I got it running over to TrueNas I was attempting to do a backup to an external drive before upgrading my server hardware. I used Teracopy to copy the data to a 12TB...
  4. M

Update new disks

So do I put the disk in the same place first or do I hit replace first. The reason I am asking is I don't have a free slot available for a hard drive.
  5. M

Update new disks

Currently I have 4 (2x2tb) mirror configuration in my all in one server. (ESXi 5.0, OI151, IBM 1015 card) I have the data backed up and was looking to upgrade capacity. I have two 4tb drives that I was going to put in for two of the 2tb drives. Do I just click replace in the web interface and...
  6. M

Survey: Pulling cable at home

I am in the midst of running wires to all the rooms in my house I just bought. I got a 60's split level house some from the 2nd floor attic to the basement is a big PIA (where the switch is). I have 4x Cat6 and 2RG 6 to each bedroom to each bedroom but 1 at the moment and the same in the living...
  7. M

Wireless options for new home?

Looks like wireless AC or powerline is the only way to go if there is no way to do a home run. I would first your cell phone and look at how busy the wi fi network is in the area to see how much potential interference you may have. In my house I have I think access to 15 other wireless networks...
  8. M

Home networking advice

Why what is wrong with v2? Only thing I saw was it might mount a little differently in a rack
  9. M

Home networking advice

I am partially done with running some of the cables through the walls and it is going great so far. My next question I have is anyone have any ideas for a 24 port managed gigabit switch? Budget is ~$200 but can go max to $250. I was looking at the following (on ebay of course). HP 1810-24g...
  10. M

Put your words about cheap SATA racks

I have had no issue with any vibrations. I put a fan in them and have had zero problems and is very sturdy and heavy piece of steel. Could put rubber washers in to help with any vibration that could occur when mounting the unit. It just does not have a SATA backplane on it, but I didn't...
  11. M

Put your words about cheap SATA racks

I got two of these before. Don't know if it's what your looking for. 3-to-5 Mounting bracket for 5 x 3.5" HDD's being insatlled in 3 x 5.25" bays: Server Case
  12. M

Home networking advice

Thanks for the advice. I was going to run to access points since I have a pfsense router on my server already directly connected to the cable modem. I would put the access points in two areas in the house apart from each other. I then plan on running 2" pvc to the basement to the attic and put...
  13. M

Home networking advice

I am looking at wiring my home I just bought with Ethernet and cable throughout. My setup is currently has an antenna for OTA in the attic, which has a homerun to the basement where the house connects with the cable line. (just put that in). There is also a cable for just the internet in the...
  14. M

Weekend thought

I know I won't get to it right away, but do you have any switch recommendations or any other controls ideas especially for home audio or outdoor cameras which would be the first thing I get. I saw this Amazon.com: TRENDnet 8-Port Gigabit GREENnet PoE+ Switch (TPE-TG80g): Computers &...