Recent content by mcfly9

1. M

Coral Mini-PCIe compatibility across Mini-PCs

Got my A+E key Coral today. Plugged in, but have all sorts of weird issues. I have Proxmox 8.1 installed on the PC, and see lspci hang for 20-30 seconds before listing devices. At the same time I see errors in dmesg about being unable to change power state from D0 to D3hot or D3cold to D0...
  2. M

Coral Mini-PCIe compatibility across Mini-PCs

Just stumbled upon this thread after ordering an A+E key Coral. I have a N100 aliexpress box with two m.2 pcie slots. The specs are a bit vague: Looking at the mainboard of the PC, it seems the "wifi" slot is an E key, and the "H-adapter" (making it capable to accept a 2280 SSD) is an M key...
  3. M

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

N100 Alder Lake box from Topton and seeing the same: SSD is a Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB in the nvme1 slot. Proxmox 8.0 base install, one pfSense VM on it. Same IO delay after stopping all VM's. Disk write according to iotop is negligible (numbers are accumulated numbers for a 3+ minute...
  4. M

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

Hi, great thread here, went back and read 20+ pages :) What would be realistic NAT routing performance expectations against N6005, N100 and N200 variants (eg: from topton store on ali) running proxmox and pfsense with a couple of i226's passed through? Not doing much fancy, not using traffic...
  5. M

Looking for working combination of pfsense + 10Gb NIC + 2.5GbE SFP+

Thanks. I went through this article previously, but now re-reading this paragraph though made me doubt whether I understood the topic correctly. Does this mean that even if the NIC doesn't explicitly list support for 2.5GbE/5GbE, it will just work? I am assuming the transceiver doing some...
  6. M

Looking for working combination of pfsense + 10Gb NIC + 2.5GbE SFP+

I am looking for a NIC for my new Dell server. I currently have a 2Gb fiber connection delivered on a 2.5GbE link, but in the mid-future will be getting a 10 gig connection and would like to keep my options open with the NIC. Planning to run pfSense over Proxmox. For pfsense's sake, I was...